Author Topic: How to stop the Tories  (Read 5321 times)

Offline bigvic

« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2010, 09:19:26 AM »
I#ve got these election results sussed! Him wot won it came second and him wot came third decides who governs the country.simple.....

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
How to stop the Tories
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2010, 17:14:49 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Colwyn

Well, it looks like we will spend a day talking about a "Progressive Coalition" - sounds good doesn't it? Until you realize it is Lab, LibDem, Scot Nat and Welsh Nat shuffling about to see if they can cobble something together. Then Cameron will become PM with LibDems reluctantly propping him up.

Well, three days on, and Gordon Brown has made his big play. He has, in the last few minutes, proposed a "Progressive Coalition" of Lab/LibDems. If accepted, he then promises to resign to allow a new leadership contest for Lab before the next Lab conference - in September unless they bring it forward.

I can't see it working. Still it might throw a fright into the Cameronians to agree to allow a House of Commons vote to enable the voters to determine whether they want to stay with increasly ludicrous first-past-the-post system or move a fairer, more representative system. I think the Tories are too "frit" to do this though  It might mean the people of the UK could democratically decide how they would like their "democracy" to be organized - unthinkable!

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
How to stop the Tories
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2010, 17:42:59 PM »
Have been watching the BBC's Special. So far three Labour politicians and one Lib/Dem. So much for balanced reporting:(

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
How to stop the Tories
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2010, 17:45:31 PM »
Here's a question for Labour supporters. All through the election I was told that Gordon Brown was the best (if not the only) man to lead us out of the economic crisis.

What happened then:(.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
How to stop the Tories
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2010, 18:04:25 PM »
Well, quite simply not enough voters believed that. Whether he is or isn't, he's seen that his best attribute at this point in time is to get out of the way.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
How to stop the Tories
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2010, 18:35:58 PM »
All very honourable I'm sure. But the thing that's really beginning to get up my nose is that it was Labour who were telling me that this time last week and now, in a desperate attempt to cling to power, they are telling me something different.

If it was the case last Monday then it must be now so can I expect that if there is a Lib/Lab government the new unelected Prime Minister will immediately appoint the boy from Kirkcaldy as Chancellor of the Exchequer.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
How to stop the Tories
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2010, 19:23:30 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Highlander

Here's a question for Labour supporters. All through the election I was told that Gordon Brown was the best (if not the only) man to lead us out of the economic crisis.

What happened then:(.

Here's a question for Tories. Throughout the election your party, and its rabid media, was attacking Gordon Brown and baying that he should be kicked out. Well, he is going. So will it be OK to vote Lab next time then?
P.S. I am not a Lab voter.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 19:24:09 PM by Colwyn »

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
How to stop the Tories
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2010, 20:53:02 PM »
Where is the new boy David. Time for him to reappear methinks ;)

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
How to stop the Tories
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2010, 21:38:29 PM »
OMG, i knew i should have logged on before today, i nearly missed this thread.
Though i think i should have done, i feel faint, i`m agreeing with Fi & stoop.  :o
YES, i was alive the last time Labour nearly bankrupt this country and Maggie (my heroine) got us back on our feet and nearly paid off our national debt during her time in power.
oh yeah i nearly forgot, we had some Gold in those days too.:D

Crabbit  (Voted Conservative)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
How to stop the Tories
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2010, 21:44:38 PM »
You're intervention is sure to spice things up.:D.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf