Author Topic: England squad named  (Read 829 times)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
England squad named
« on: May 11, 2010, 17:23:07 PM »
Joe Hart, David James, Robert Green, Leighton Baines, Jamie Carragher, Ashley Cole, Michael Dawson, Rio Ferdinand, Glen Johnson, Ledley King, John Terry, Matthew Upson, Stephen Warnock, Gareth Barry, Michael Carrick, Joe Cole, Steven Gerrard, Tom Huddlestone, Adam Johnson, Frank Lampard, Aaron Lennon, James Milner, Scott Parker, Theo Walcott, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Darren Bent, Peter Crouch, Jermain Defoe, Emile Heskey, Wayne Rooney.

discuss:D: :)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
England squad named
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 17:26:07 PM »
well this is the first thirty anyway, he has to name 23! so seven to drop? Hmmmmm!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
England squad named
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 17:33:29 PM »
I'm sure I will look at the preliminary squad for the 2050 World Cup and still be thinking "Oh God not Heskey". How many generations will his average career disappoint?

It's pretty much the squad I'd expect, maybe not so much Stephen Warnock and Adam Johnson but at least we've shaken off Downing at last  :)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
England squad named
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 18:51:36 PM »
In response to javacoffee's excellent post eslewhere, I wont exactly by cheering England on but I will want them to win.

The one thing I would ask is that your media respects the opposition and don't adopt the "do we really have to play against these people, why can't we go straight to the semi final" attitude that they have adopted in the past. I know that that is not necessarily the attitude of the majority of the fans.

As regards the squad, my concerns would be at either end of the pitch.

Not 100 % convinced by your No 1's although Hart has been in fine form of late.

Up front, if, God forbid, you lose Rooney, I can't see the other forwards really troubling a world class defence.

Offline Robw

England squad named
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 20:23:24 PM »

I agree with Highlander and Scunner`s point regarding Downing. I love England with a passion but think we only have one World Class player in Rooney, unfortunately i see a lot more heartache as usual and im still getting over Italia 90! [xx(]

Id like to see us dump calamity James, Jamie Carragher ( need a scratch my head smilie!) Rio is crocked along with King.

Eternal optimist me  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf