Author Topic: Craft Fair kicks off Carnival Week tomorrow  (Read 1744 times)

Offline Pi55y

Craft Fair kicks off Carnival Week tomorrow
« on: May 22, 2010, 18:21:20 PM »
The first event of Calis Carnival week takes place tomorrow when there is an all day craft market in Calis main street.

Over 100 craft stalls are due to pack the main street between the dolphin junction and the water taxi bridge as well as the street down to Scarlet Bar.

The road will be closed to traffic for the day and the market starts at 11.00 and runs until 5.00 pm. Stalls are by reservation only and as spaces are pre-allocated stallholders are asked not to arrive before 9.30am to set up. Stallholders are also reminded to bring some form of sunshade in the event of it being a hot sunny day (please!!!!!)

At 3.00pm there will be the presentation of cups and certificates to the winners of the Carnival Photography competition by sponsors English & More International Learning Centre. This will take place outside the Interturk Estate Office, where the photographs will be on display.  

It should be a nice day, with some great purchases to be had, and a chance to get into early Carnival spirit [:o)].

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 15:07:10 PM »
Craft fair was graced by glorious sunshine  this morning. Lots of lovely  things to buy  from hand made jewellry, lace goods, tombola, hand made cards etc. Hope the weather  keeps up for all the other activities planned.

Offline kizkucuk

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 19:35:10 PM »
fingers are crossed that the glorious weather we have had will continue for the whole week :-)

Offline crystalgirl

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 04:36:21 AM »
Can I just say what a fab time we had at the craft fayre, the atmosphere was lovely. with the music, and everybody looking happy.  We wondered through, had a cup of teaon the seafront, and then came back up again, even my 4 year old enjoyed it, and loved the bookmarks we purchased, next year must remember to take some more money.  Everyone had put a lot of effort into getting everything ready, and I thought that the animal aid stall looked stunning this year, what yummy english treats they had found!, and those gorgoeous colourful teddies, hope they all found great homes-excellent work guys!  Roll on next year thats what I say, but lets have a bit of a summer first!

Offline terrie

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 06:31:41 AM »
Animal Aid, just wanted to say a big thank you to Calis Carnival for all the work that went in to making the craft market possible.
We all had a fab day.
Soooooooooooo looking forward to this weeks carnival activities.
Thanks again x  

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf