Author Topic: Goldtrail return flights from Dalaman  (Read 1590 times)

Offline blue_hair

Goldtrail return flights from Dalaman
« on: July 25, 2010, 13:06:48 PM »
Hi all.

I am currently out in Calis with 4 days left of my break.
We came out with Goldtrail. From what I have read everywhere there should be no issue with our return flights.

Would however like to hear from the horses mouth so to speak. Has anyone returned from Turkey with Goldtrail since they went bust. Did it go smooth without problems?

Thanks

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 13:50:58 PM »
This might help - you won't be flying with Goldtrail though - they have gone now :

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2010/jul/19/goldtrail-customer-disruption-your-rights

I am on a holiday booked through Goldtrail. What should I do?

Because Goldtrail did not have its own airline, passengers will be flying back via various chartered airlines. As such, the CAA is working to make sure these airlines honour the bookings made by Goldtrail. Most of these flights were scheduled for a Saturday as Goldtrail holidays were booked on a Saturday to Saturday basis, and most passengers were able to get on their flights as planned. Those who did not fly back at the weekend should all be back by tonight, the CAA says.

Those who are due to fly back next weekend should continue with their holiday and they will be contacted by their holiday rep to confirm alternative flights. Anyone concerned that they might not get to fly should ring the CAA's overseas helpline a couple of days before they are due to come back: 00 44 203 441 0846.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 13:51:52 PM by stoop »

Offline starship

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 15:40:20 PM »

Came back from Icmeler via Dalaman Wednesday , had booked with Goldtrail got to the airport no mention of Goldtrails problems, got on our Onur Air flight back to Luton no problems at all, enjoy the rest of your holiday. 8)

Offline blue_hair

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 17:01:52 PM »
Got home ok but journey was a nightmare.
Flight was canceled and replaced with one which left 8hours later and into Manchester. I flew from Edinburgh. Flight home was followed by a 6hr bus journey to Edinburgh.
At least there was a provision to get us home but it was a long trip - 28hrs in total....
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 17:06:01 PM by blue_hair »

Offline DragonLand

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 15:40:52 PM »
Left friday night 30th  from Dalaman to Manchester after 14 days in Uzumlu came out on the friday morning 16th July just before they went bust only problem we had was that at check in at  Dalaman all Goldtrail customers were checked in last we came out with Saga Airlines and flew back with them no problems and not late getting in or going back either

Offline braveheart

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 14:50:34 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by blue_hair

Got home ok but journey was a nightmare.
Flight was canceled and replaced with one which left 8hours later and into Manchester. I flew from Edinburgh. Flight home was followed by a 6hr bus journey to Edinburgh.
At least there was a provision to get us home but it was a long trip - 28hrs in total....

bluehair failed to enlighten all that the last leg from Edinburgh to home was by using a FIRST CLASS DOOR-TO-DOOR service tho (at great cost)!!!

Offline blue_hair

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 21:09:24 PM »
the journey from edinburgh was indeed the best part of the journey.
Tip for anyone stuck in Dalaman airport. Dont go through into departure lounge if you know there is a long delay - your trapped.
We went into Dalaman into Migros and got a big carry out....I guess its what most Scots would do in the same situation.

The taxi driver were wanting 70 lire for a 5 minute journey.
Managed to get a lift for 30 lire from Eurocar. We shared it with another group,so the cost was reasonable.
Had a good night and had plenty of time to sober up for the flight:D:P

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf