Author Topic: Intasure, Safe and Securiy Bars don't Work !  (Read 7913 times)

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Intasure, Safe and Securiy Bars don't Work !
« on: August 08, 2010, 01:20:40 AM »
Our best friends are (were) staying in our house on Serinkent which is towards the top of Baris Manco (Sokak 1022) We have good quality window bars and heavy duty metal door gates plus a 7 lever mortice lock on our front door and a safe that took four blokes to deliver which was also secured to the floor with a full tube of 'No more nails'

Tonight, some Bast*rds have ripped off the gates, smashed in the front door, ransacked the house and stole the safe, our friends are distraught having lost all of their cash, cards passports, camereas, Ipods and jewelery.

I am insured with Intasure and have rung their Emergency number 0778 954 2585 which returns a continouus tone, have also rung every other number on Intasures IMPORTANT CONTACE DETAILS but to no avail.

To be honest, I feel like selling up

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 05:56:18 AM »
Has there been any contact with the police George?, they must have left some evidence with that amount of damage.

if you need anything let me know.

Offline Rimms

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 08:54:22 AM »
Cheers Andy, yes the police have been there and our friends are due to go back to the police station today at 1pm to give further statements. Intasure have now contacted me and they will speak to our management company. Our friends have checked into a hotel as  unfortunately the safe contains a duplicate set of keys and it was impossible to secure the house last night.

Be grateful if anyone can offer any advice on what they do about their passports, they have called the bank and put a stop on all of their cards but of course all of their holiday money has gone and they are left without any cash. I'm not sure whether it's down to my insurance to help them sort this out or therir holiday insurance?

I really don't now how you can secure your property after this, it seems that if they want to get in, they will do.

I feel sick.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 09:05:48 AM »
I would have thought that they have to claim on their holiday insurance for their stolen items but that you have to claim for the damage at your house. I am so sorry for you. I know how it feels. I wanted to sell up altogether when we were broken into but you will get over it in time. I think that it is always adviseable to have a copy of your passport with you at all times. I am sure I have been told that this is the case in Turkey to carry some sort of identification. No use now to your friends of course. This lot must have come mob handed if they had to carry a safe that size and with a van. I would be suspicious of the safe company but then I don't trust anyone now. It makes me livid that your friends have saved all this time for a holiday for some thieving swines to ruin it. They must be gutted.

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 09:26:04 AM »
sad reading, it seems that now trhe holiday season is in full swing as always it brought out the vultures to pray on people who have come to the area. Sickening. I hope your friends are getting the full support of the police and their insurance company sort them out.

Offline apollo

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 10:15:40 AM »
For the passport problem. This must be reported to the consulate in Fethiye and they will issue you with an emergency passport for 71 pounds each.

I believe that this process takes about 10 days.

The consul will fill you in on the exact process.

Offline Rimms

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2010, 10:39:08 AM »
They haven't got 10 days !

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2010, 10:41:37 AM »
if they need help with the consulate let me know George.

Offline Rimms

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2010, 11:35:53 AM »
Andy, can you send me a contact number that I can pass on if they need help? They are in a really horrible hotel in Fethiye and need to move somewhere that is at least clean. Dos anyone have a contact at the Mutlu?

They have been told that they may have to travel to Istanbul to sort out the passports.

They have just called and told me that the robbing swines also took their clothes and trainers etc. Now they just want to get on the next flight and come home.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 11:45:31 AM by Rimms »

Offline Jenny1

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2010, 11:55:31 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Rimms

Andy, can you send me a contact number that I can pass on if they need help? They are in a really horrible hotel in Fethiye and need to move somewhere that is at least clean. Dos anyone have a contact at the Mutlu?

They have been told that they may have to travel to Istanbul to sort out the passports.

They have just called and told me that the robbing swines also took their clothes and trainers etc. Now they just want to get on the next flight and come home.

Have sent you an email George

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf