Author Topic: Pegasus Air  (Read 8939 times)

Offline milorni

Pegasus Air
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2010, 13:05:24 PM »
My daughter finally made it back to Manchester, she had problems with the check-in staff who kept trying to put her on a Gatwick flight, they eventually went off to their office and found out that she should be going to Manchester and told her she was very lucky to get onto that flight! They asked if she had any medical problems and she told them that she was diabetic, they then asked for a "fit to fly" letter. She carries a hospital letter telling the airlines about her needles and insulin pump but in the 9 years since she was diagnosed, we have NEVER been asked for a "fit fot fly" letter. They grudgingly decided that she "looked fit enough to fly" and told her she could check-in. She had originally been second in the queue but there was now a very large queue building so they decided tocheck her in at a seperate desk.All in all a very stressful few hours which will end up with a good few letters of complaint being sent out.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Pegasus Air
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2010, 14:25:03 PM »
Thank you for the number and so glad your daughter got home ok in the end.
Do Pegasus do duty free as in cigarettes and bottles of drink to take off the plane, not to consume on board?

Offline Jenny1

Pegasus Air
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2010, 15:04:36 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Karennina

Thank you for the number and so glad your daughter got home ok in the end.
Do Pegasus do duty free as in cigarettes and bottles of drink to take off the plane, not to consume on board?

Hi Karen, when I travelled in June, they didn't sell any duty free?
I have also emailed you, sorry about late reply, I am in work and haven't checked my phone

Offline jennyjo

Pegasus Air
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2010, 16:57:44 PM »
Must admit after reading this thread I am getting slightly worried! We are due to fly out Friday 3rd Sept from Manchester. I have only got an electronic ticket, have others had this as well? Also it doesn't state the baggage allowance on it, only for domestic flights. So long ago that I booked can't remember although I am sure I wouldn't have booked anything less than 20kg. If you have flown with these lately how much was your allowance and did you not have the info on your electronic ticket? Thanks

Offline sashbash

Pegasus Air
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2010, 17:45:30 PM »
Further to my daughters flight difficulties with Pegasus can I suggest that if you receive notification of flight changes, you phone Dalaman airport (if flying home) and speak to what was Havas, I think its now ATM. They have all the up to date info on flights out of Dalaman and are very helpful and speak very good English.if you are still not sure ask them to put you through to Pegasus office in the airport. Ask for the manager Ahmed and he will confirm or deny the change of flight details.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
Pegasus Air
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2010, 19:34:36 PM »
Jennyjo, I flew with Pegasus I was transfered to them by aegean after booking an Onur air flight. Not sure why I was transfered as the original Onur flight was still flying. You should have a booking confirmation which will tell you your baggage allowance.

Karen I am sure that they came past with the Duty free trolley during the flight Not 100% though so someone else may confirm.

Offline col

Pegasus Air
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2010, 13:50:47 PM »
Cancelled Pegasus flight.
As I have not seen my original flight number going out on a Monday from Dalaman to Gatwick for months, I checked with Pegasus via e mail weeks ago and they kept insisting it was ok and sent me 4 more of the same flight tickets. Believing that I know their job better than they do, I finally called them 10 days ago and was told the PC 493 flight has been cancelled and I would recieve a call and e mail with alternative flights. As it's only a week till my departure day, it was left to me to call them again, and as expected, I was offered a refund or the 'nightmare' that can be Dalaman to Stansted via Istanbul route, which I will chance, having done the same in reverse before.
So as a reminder to anyone who has the PC 493 flight on a monday, Dalaman to Gatwick, it maybe worth chasing them up.

Offline Rayza

Pegasus Air
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2010, 15:04:19 PM »
If you are returning with Pegasus, you had best call them in advance of your return, otherwise like us you find that your return flight has been cancelled as well. This happened to us whilst in Calis in August.Was offered the Stansed via Istanbul route which we took to get home. There is not much transfer time at Istanbul, so don't hang around.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Pegasus Air
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2010, 19:24:14 PM »
Just returned from a quick sneaky week back to Calis, could not ask to much on here about Pegasus as we were going to suprise my cousin and she may have read my post on here.
Have to say was very pleasantly suprised by Pegasus having never flown with them before and reading some of the posts on here.
Flights were on time and defo more leg room then some I have flown with, duty free trolley does come round and cigarette prices were cheaper then Gatwick not sure about the spirit prices though .Would defo use them again in the future.

Offline col

Pegasus Air
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2010, 20:18:52 PM »
I doubt many people who have flown with Pegasus could complain about the flights in general, crew & comfort & time keeping, myself included when I have used them previous. It's just that these past few months they have messed up on over bookings, changed original flight codes and some of us who booked early have had the flights cancelled & at times only been offered the Stansted via Istanbul flight from Dalaman, which is one hellava rush to connect flights.
I ended up e mailing them 7 times and on 4 occassions they replied saying there was no problem with my flight and sent me the same ticket each time, for a flight that did not exist. After 3 calls to them, they finally admitted I was right and the flight had been cancelled. When they re-booked me via Istanbul, they also got that wrong and only sent me the Istanbul to Stansted flight and forgot about the leg from Dalaman to Istanbul. Yet another phone call had to be made and even now (like other passengers have had) I have to hope my luggage will actually arrive at Stansted and not end up in either Germany or Belguim, which has happened before.
We all know that many airlines make mistakes and cancel flights etc, but with Pegasus just recently, it has been more of a problem than in previous years.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 20:20:45 PM by col »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf