Author Topic: Friday 13th with Pegasus (Long)  (Read 1424 times)

Offline ccygirl

« on: August 28, 2010, 13:26:42 PM »
[:(!]
A week before departure I received a call from Pegasus informing me that I had been put onto a different flight but that it was only 15mins later than my original flight. OK no problem. I telephoned Pegasus back to check if I needed different tickets as it was an Onur air flight. The lady in the call centre confirmed that my flight had changed and that I should go to the Pegasus desk as normal with my ref number.

Friday 13th

We arrive at Gatwick at 6.30 pm to check in for our 22:25 flight. we approached the Pegasus desk before it opened for checking in our original flight and told them about the phone call and how we were going on a different flight and asked where we needed to check in.

The groundstaff checked the computer and said that we were allocated to our original flight and didn't know why we had been contacted!. We queued up and duly checked in as instructed by the pegasus groundstaff.

Armed with our boarding cards we proceeded airside and had a meal in the restaurant before doing our duty free shop. The gate was displayed and we went there asap. Once we arrived at the gate we heard an announcement asking for us to make ourselves known. They then proceeded to inform us that our luggage had been off loaded and we would need to go out to the check-in area and check in for the flight we should have been on. It would appear that the groundstaff had misinformed us. We created quite a scene as you can imagine with 3 kids in tow this was slightly inconvenient!!

After clearing Passport control and collecting our luggage we had to run through customs and try to make check-in for the Onur Flight.
Once at the desk we are informed that they only have 2 seats left!!!! As there are 5 of us that was a bit of a problem. After some tooing and froing and holding up the Onur flight it was decided that 3 of us could travel on the Pegasus flight and 2 of us would go on the Onur flight, not happy but what could we do. My Husband took 2 of the kids and ran back to the Pegasus flight where he said he encountered Mayhem as all the seat numbers were wrong and everyone was complaining. We were still at the check in desk and the Onur flight had confirmed that actually there was only 1 seat left!!!!!

My daughter and I were absoulutely dumbfounded. Pegasus then offered us seats on their BODRUM flight which I declined more than once, as there was no way we were going to Bodrum and being transferred in the middle of the night in a taxi.

A staff member then checked with SAGA who confirmed they could take us as they had 2 seats left on their flight which had been delayed, thank god. We had to check in again and stuff all our duty free in our luggage and chuck away our drinks for the flight.

Thankfully we arrived at Dalaman and met up with our family in the baggage area.

I can't believe the treatment we received especially as we had informed them right from the start what we had been told. It really disrupted the start of our holiday as we spent the whole flight in a state of anxiety not to mention nothing to read or eat ( My husband had my hand luggage.

I don't think I'll be booking Pegasus again!!!!!!!!![:(!]

Offline tonysue

Friday 13th with Pegasus (Long)
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 15:09:00 PM »
It seems the airlines are damned well doing what they please with their customers this year. the general attitude appears to be you are lucky to get a flight that is still operating. Disgusting.!!

Offline Denise40

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 16:28:26 PM »
We were shunted off a Pegasus flight 21st June to a TC flight, although Pegasus informed us by telephone with new flight details the day before the flight, when we went to the TC check in desk they didn't have a clue what we were talking about - it was only because the plane was a large 3/4/3 seater and they had spare seats that they allowed us on after taking copies of our tickets saying they would invoice Pegasus Airlines!  And this was before the busy season had started - from what I have read this year about Pegasus I would be very reluctant to book with them in the future!!

Offline Christie

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 17:32:32 PM »
That is absolutely disgusting. Going on holiday is stressful enough, without all of those problems.  Hope you enjoyed your holiday.  I have to say after hearing about Pegasus and the problems we have encountered with KTHY I would rather pay a bit more and book with a big well known company in future - although nothing is certain at the moment.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 21:46:36 PM »
I flew with Pegasus booked through Aegean and to be fair I thought it was one of the best flights I have had.
We had a 2 hour delay going out but spot on time on the way home.

Offline ccygirl

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 22:24:01 PM »
Our return flight was uneventful and exactly as expected. We had a lovely holiday and are sorry to be home. We will be complaining to Pegasus, their rep at Gatwick said she would arrange compensation for us but we haven't heard from them since!

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2010, 05:19:18 AM »
I heard of a couple who were due to fly back Monday have had their flight cancelled! offered another flight in two weeks or purchase another from a different source which they duly did.

Offline Jenny1

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2010, 09:34:34 AM »
I think this is disgusting service for Pegasus! My flight with them in June was the best I have had to Turkey-but not looking forward to my Sept flight, in fact I'm dreading it!
What happens if a family have saved up all year for their holiday-and the only money they have is there spending money-to be told they have to purchase new flights? Ridiculous!
I dont really think there is any point emailing them about my flight, I contacted them approx 8 weeks ago, asking why, when they emailed people advising them flights were available to book up until next March, did they then disappear off website? I received a reply YESTERDAY!

Dear  Sir or Madam,

The tickets of our flights have a dynamic rate system, when the tickets of low rates are exhausted tickets with higher rates are offered for sale. Therefore you can find the best available prices as early as you book the flights. You can find the information about our prices and book the flights by selecting a determined destination and date on the online reservation part of our web site.

You  can also call our call center +90 212 444 0 737 for taking information and doing your bookings.

Thank you for choosing our company , we wish to see you on our flights.

We wish you an enjoyable holliday in Türkiye ,
Sincerely ,
Pegasus Airlines Guest Relations

That tells me a lot-NOT! :(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf