Author Topic: too long!  (Read 10364 times)

Offline Anita Brian and Aslan

too long!
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2010, 21:49:28 PM »
What I object to is being told that people should tell the staff or owners;.

should`nt that be the first port of call

Offline bee

• Droylsden, Manchester, UK
too long!
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2010, 21:54:44 PM »
after 25 minutes sat waiting to be served, dont think theres much to say do you!!

Offline Anita Brian and Aslan

too long!
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2010, 21:56:34 PM »
bee, i know what u say, but we not talking ramsay and the likes
we talking of little fish in big ponds, bear with them, tell them what u feel is wrong and let them improve. Come on Bee, you from Droylsden FFS.  No disrespect to anyone from Droylsden i add, just in case someone is upset by my severe generalisation

Offline bee

• Droylsden, Manchester, UK
too long!
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2010, 22:02:59 PM »
hahaha,listen! you have done Bostons absolutly no favors what so ever, didnt think there were too many michelin star restaurants in Bolton get a grip

Offline peecee

too long!
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2010, 06:51:10 AM »
Would agree with Bee, sitting there for 25 mins being watched by the waiters who obviously can't be bothered to do their job wouldn't impress me either.  I wouldn't give them a first chance let alone a second.  And if the owners aren't aware of the poor service (which, after all this time being in business, they should be) they deserve the criticism they get.
One thing I have noticed in the years here is that restaurants don't take on board any criticism/complaints/suggestions.  Most of their opinions are that the customer isn't right.  After all, if you don't go back there's always someone else.  Very shortsighted.  Word of mouth can do a lot of good and/or damage.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 06:56:45 AM by peecee »

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
too long!
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2010, 07:12:06 AM »
You were right Keith,they wont leave it will they?, having a go at Bee now. might just pop down Bostans today, ask Carol to bar them, they,re doing Bostans more harm than good. ;)

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
too long!
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2010, 07:19:33 AM »
Well we were at Bostons last night,we were late going out and it was more for a walk than than anything else.On the whole of the prom the one restaurant that was by far the busiest was Bostons.It was a fabulous atmosphere and no one I saw was kept waiting.Other premises were closing and many had been closed for some time as all the lights were out by the time we left but Bostons were still going strong.
If anyone knows of a restaurant with a better atmosphere and with happier and more industrious waiters,I would like to know.I think we have been to most, if not all, over a long period of time and this is by far the nicest place to spend an evening in.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
too long!
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2010, 08:35:14 AM »
Once again it sounds an absolutely fabulous place to be, when one of their big fans is in!

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
too long!
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2010, 08:58:01 AM »
Sounds like a totally different place than the one we tried.  Long wait to be served, stack of chipped plates for the serve yourself meze, then 1 hour wait for dinner which consisted of a tough and fatty chicken dish and a very over cooked and burnt at the ends pizza.  We gave up trying to attract the attention of a waiter for another drink and when we did catch someone's eye, got the bill.  Left with no goodbye or a handshake.  This was in May. Did not go back in August, decided never to go back again. We only tried the place because there are a certain few CBF members who seem to love it and always give it good reviews.
I wonder, is the secret that you have to live in Calis and be a regular to love this place?

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
too long!
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2010, 09:07:16 AM »
Yes John The Four Seasons in Ovacik!! Some of the bar owners in  Calis would do well to go and see how hard they work and the consistancy of their food. They also give entertainment for free.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 09:10:41 AM by mercury »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf