Author Topic: Directions from Ovacik to Ciflic  (Read 3188 times)

Offline PKHUGHES100

Directions from Ovacik to Ciflic
« on: March 22, 2011, 19:38:01 PM »
I am hiring a car for the first time in about a dozen vists and want to try the Kirk Pinar for breakfast, can any one help with simple directions as above. I think that I will be ok for Ciflic as Nichola has given good directions to the Kirk Pinar from there.

Kevin

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 20:38:04 PM »
If you go from Ovacik to Ciftlik, you are going out of your way  :)  

OK, here goes:    Head down the hill from Ovacik, turning right at the traffic lights so that you end up in the Ogogar/Sanayi area.  Head straight across the roundabout (on the Gunlukbasi road), and go past Kipa, go past the log cabin place, pass Genpa (all these on the right).  Then you pass the police station,then a bread shop on a corner at the traffic lights. Turn right at the lights.

If you miss the right turn at the bread shop, don't worry, carry straight on up the Gunlukbasi road to the roundabout on the Dalaman/Antalya road and turn right onto it and then left at the next roundabout.  

Assuming you turned right at the bread shop, head up that road, over the bridge and up to the roundabout where you cross the Dalaman/Antalya road, go straight across the roundabout.  You are now on the Uzumlu road.  You will pass the Animal Shelter on the left on a slight left hand bend, then after a few kilometres you will pass round the edge of the Uzumlu valley.  About 20 to 30 mins later you will come to a sign in the road telling you to turn off the main road.  You will have passed Niff by this time.  So, turn right there onto a dodgy looking road that snakes down a bit then up and to the right.  Very soon on right is the breakfast place.  You should easily spot the car park.  I hope you enjoy it.  I love the place.  If you need a map I will sort one out, just email me. :D

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 14:10:15 PM »
Aah, I see there's a way through to Kirk Pinar via Ciftlik.  Sorry...

OK well, my directions for getting to the Dalaman/Antalya road still apply, just turn left where you meet it to head towards Ciftlik.  :)

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 14:50:43 PM »
OMG I hope the breakfasts are worth the schleppe! :P

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 15:16:27 PM »
I think so, yes.  Its not posh, but it is good quality and there might be snow up there at this time.  I think the trip past Uzumlu is easier on the car, but maybe its good to go via Uzumlu and return via Ciftlik, seeing as the trickier road might be easier downhill  ;)

Offline PKHUGHES100

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 18:42:52 PM »
Thanks for the directions, I am sure to get lost, but hey, that is part of the fun. Just thought, I will have sat nav in the car!

It is also about the adventure and also getting into the heart of normal Turkish village and community life. :)

Kevin
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 18:44:30 PM by PKHUGHES100 »

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 18:45:02 PM »
Ah yes, us in Uzumlu, were on way to Kirk Pinar from Ovacik, got lost and stayed here......

Offline BM06

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 20:03:28 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Rindaloo

Ah yes, us in Uzumlu, were on way to Kirk Pinar from Ovacik, got lost and stayed here......

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz: :)

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2011, 21:00:02 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by BM06

quote:
Originally posted by Rindaloo

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz: :)

And one fell into a coma.  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf