Author Topic: Yaniklar beach  (Read 5037 times)

Offline suehugh

Yaniklar beach
« on: March 29, 2011, 20:18:48 PM »
I have noticed a photo of Yaniklar beach on the CBF members photos page and I would like to khow do you get their from Calis beach. Is it within walking disance?:D
Sue

Offline sadler

Yaniklar beach
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 20:27:31 PM »
I have also frequently wondered the same.  How do we find this beach from Calis?[?][?] :-\

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
Yaniklar beach
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 20:32:22 PM »
We walk.  It takes ages but it's worth it!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Yaniklar beach
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 20:34:01 PM »
You can get the Yaniklar dolmus from the Fethiye stop - or if you fancy a walk, walk up the main road from Calis to the Gunlukbasi road, then head again to the Dalaman road and catch it there - they stop at Majesty Tuana Hotel which is on the beach - you follow the river from the Dalaman road to the sea. The beach that you have seen on here is the other side of that river, and in season there is (was?) a temporary bridge to cross the river (barefoot through it is hardly a chore either mind you). Just walk along the beach the other side of the river and you will find what you are looking for.

It isn't really a destination that is easy from Calis unless you have a car. I have however heard of people walking it from Calis - it can't be easy and I would estimate a walk of well over an hour, and for the excercise challenged amongst us, possibly two, but I am no expert on walking  ;)

Offline sadler

Yaniklar beach
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 20:34:15 PM »
You walk, but which way[?][?][?][?][?]

Offline Julesp

Yaniklar beach
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 20:35:47 PM »
I am presuming you are looking for the Starfish Bufe there
Its not within walking distance from Calis unless you are a very keen walker!
In season there is a Dolmus that runs from Fethiye through Gunlakbasi to Yaniklar via Majesty Tuana Hotel, you need to get off the Dolmus at The Majesty Tuana hotel crossroads head down the road towards the sea then cross over the little bridge on your right, walk along the beach for 2 or 3 mins then you will come to Starfish Restaurant, it is the 2nd one, the first place is a camping ground and they dont have very much in the way of sunbeds etc. Starfish has free umbrellas and sunbeds,a beachfront shower, clean loos and reasonably priced and freshly made food a very nice and different place to sunbathe
Let me know via my profile if you want more details as this place now belongs to my turk boyfriend who took it over last season
I havent been yet this year,( he stayed open all winter ),as I have been too busy with FiG etc but he assures me he has made lots of improvements overwinter, not that the regulars think they were needed

Offline Julesp

Yaniklar beach
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 20:38:28 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by sadler

You walk, but which way[?][?][?][?][?]

From Calis head toward Dalaman, through Ciftlik, Kargi then Yaniklar,

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Yaniklar beach
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011, 20:40:37 PM »
Possibly the question is, can you walk there following the coast/beaches - to which I am sure the answer is no?

Offline sadler

Yaniklar beach
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2011, 20:56:21 PM »
Is it the beach when you look towards your right at the sea front, over the metal bridge, with all the cypress trees which seem to be growing right on to the sand?[?]

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Yaniklar beach
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2011, 21:01:52 PM »
No

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf