Author Topic: Please Help - I Need Excursion Reviews!!!  (Read 1932 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Please Help - I Need Excursion Reviews!!!
« on: May 16, 2011, 20:51:03 PM »
As many of you know I am working on a new website for the area and would be very grateful for any contributions about local trips tours and excursions. It is not a topic I know much about and I am keen to promote what is available and continue our support of the agents who supported us during the dolphin disgrace by giving them as recommended contacts to book with.

The website is about Fethiye but the excursions can be anything you booked while on holiday in the area - Saklikent, Tlos, Jeep Safari, Xanthos, you know the sort of thing  :)

Long and short reviews, photos if poss would be great, date (roughly) of excursion etc. I will try to include as many as I can.

Thanks, in anticipation  ;)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 20:51:39 PM »
Sorry I should have said, you can email me at keith at calisbeach.com, Ta!

Offline sunlover

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 07:50:30 AM »
Just booked to go on Jerry,s boat trips our first time with him, so will give  areview and pictures when arrive home...

Offline julesbob0303

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 07:51:42 AM »
We have always booked our trips through Carole and Tayfun.  

Have been on the jeep safari a couple of years ago - That was good, wet fun with a lovely trout meal at the trout farm.  Our teenage daughters loved it, and some of the little villages we went through were delightful, with all the children coming out to wave and shout a greeting (plus a good soaking with their water hoses!).  Only downside were the children thrusting flowers onto you at some of the stops in exchange for money.  I took loads of sweets with me but they didn't want those!

The Islands cruises are very good, both the 12 Islands and the 3 Islands (which starts at mid-day).  The food is good (usual choice of fish, chicken or meatballs) and the staff very knowledgeable.  The stops vary each time you go, but the whole experience is one of relaxation and fun.

We've also been on the Tlos and Saklikent trip with C&T a few times; again very enjoyable, with excellent informative guides and good food.

Our favourite trip is the Sunset Cruise, specially if you're feeling in a romantic mood!  The trip leaves around 6pm from Fethiye, arriving back at midnight.  The food (steak or chicken plus pasta, salad etc) is very good.  There is a British singer (very average, but enjoyable) followed by a disco, so lots of dancing.  The last hour is filled with slow, smoochy music which is gorgeous as you arrive back into Fethiye under the stars.  Ahhhhhhh ......

Have also been on the Turkish bath trip a few times wit C&T.  Again, very good value, includes pick up and drop off.  They take you by private pick up to Hisaronu and the guy at the baths is very funny (though slightly pushy) when he sells you the "extras" (facials, massage etc).  Again, if the weather isn't too good, this is a really lovely afternoon out; very relaxing.

Is that enough information Keith?  And Carole and Tayfun - if you're reading this, hope I get discount on my next booking after such good reviews for your company!!!

One other thing, if you book online before you go on holiday, you make a substantial saving.  You may even qualify for a very cheap trip to Gocek, Fethiye market or the Turkish Bath (think it's £2 each if you book 3 or more trips - easily done in the summer!)

The boats are not over-packed and the staff knowledge of the area is very good.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf