Author Topic: Charity Beach BBQ  (Read 2003 times)

Offline Pi55y

Charity Beach BBQ
« on: May 24, 2011, 22:53:35 PM »
It was a great night at the 3C's charity beach BBQ held at Mimoza Beach Club tonight with people still dancing when we left at 00.45.

A big thanks to Uzi for managing to provide lots of good food for over 130 people and for donating 5TL from each meal to our charity.  Also a huge thanks to Tom Moss who sang his heart out and was our DJ for the evening - and all for free.

The raffle for the hamper was won by the forum's very own sunlover, Carole Bacon and husband Dave, with yellow ticket number 220. They generously donated the hamper back to the committee to auction at the forthcoming charity Promises Auction on Wednesday 1 June so a big thanks to them.

Finally a big thanks to everyone who supported the event, we hope you had a good time :D.

Offline busybee

Charity Beach BBQ
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 06:32:14 AM »
It was the Grand Finale of the 3 C's themed nights and what a way to finish our season.  The venue was beautiful and Tom Moss was brilliant.  Lovely food consisted of salads, mezez's mashed potates, chicken casserole and beef, followed by fresh fruit, strawberries, melon and mushmillars(scuse spelling).

Once again huge thanks for everyones support in attending and buying raffle tickets, hope you all had a great nite as we did.

If you want a chilled day out right on the beach can highly recommend the Mimosa with its sunbeds, comfy cushion areas and hammocks.

Dont go away folks because we have lots planned for September onwards but after the Promises Auction we can kick back and recharge our very drained batteries ;)

Offline Beep

Charity Beach BBQ
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 09:29:06 AM »
What a fabulous, fabulous night and a huge thanks to everyone who attended and supported.

Special thanks also to Tom Moss who was just fantastic and Uzi for the food.

My only problem now is that EVERYTHING hurts  :):D

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Charity Beach BBQ
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 09:52:31 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Beep

My only problem now is that EVERYTHING hurts  :):D

So do my eyes Rod after looking at THAT shirt all night :D

A fab night that everyone enjoyed & Tom Moss excellent as ever

Offline Pi55y

Charity Beach BBQ
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 14:30:28 PM »
Including  the raffle we netted just under 1000TL on the night - all going to help local children - a great result. Thanks everyone :D
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 14:30:52 PM by Pi55y »

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Charity Beach BBQ
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 15:18:38 PM »
I wanted to say a special thank you to Mick Busybee's husband for co ordinating with the Mimoza and Tom Moss. He works hard doing a lot of the dogsbody works and I don't think that he has ever had his name mentioned personally before. Not that he was the only one who organised this event but I just wanted to say my own personal thanks.:D and he does a damned good curry!!! lol. xx ;)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 15:20:22 PM by mercury »

Offline busybee

Charity Beach BBQ
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 21:57:51 PM »
Aw thats nice Anne, he is dead chuffed. As you know just likes to do whats required with out thanks, or his name being mentioned and photos in the paper etc.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf