Author Topic: Home Wanted for Terrier Dog  (Read 10247 times)

Offline harley12

Home Wanted for Terrier Dog
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2011, 21:39:33 PM »
perhaps if you had told the full storey people would understand they are not nasty comments brits are a dog loving nation sorry if you think they were nasty

Offline terrie

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2011, 22:52:50 PM »
What a shame you did not put the reason as to why you needed a new home for your little dog.
You don't need to justify yourself , but I am sure that it would of helped people myself included to understand why a new home was needed.
Animal aid try very hard to rehome many cats and dogs but we also get to see all the ones that are not wanted this was the reason for my concern.
I would not suggest for one minute that to have a possessive dog around a baby is ok
But as I have already said the reason for needing to rehome your dog would have helped.
So I really don't think that I was being narrow - minded my concern At that moment was for your dog.
Good luck in finding a new home.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 22:55:14 PM by terrie »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2011, 23:25:12 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by harley12

perhaps if you had told the full storey people would understand

She didn't ask anyone to understand, she asked if anyone could take the dog.

Offline june

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2011, 23:28:17 PM »
Its all too easy for people to jump on the bandwagon and have a go a Terrie for her comments (of which I totally back) but you are not doing the job she is doing, getting the calls she is getting to pick up animals that have been abandoned or that people just no longer want the animals....she and the Animals Aid team pick up the pieces on so many occasions that you dont see...trying to find homes for all these lovely animals its truly heartbreaking.

No one would want any harm to a baby and animals do get jealous....bit for pitys sake give them a chance....my son has the most gorgeous dog Hamish, they had him for a year before their baby was born and yes he got jealous but they fussed him ad made him feel wanted and now he loves their little girl and its one big happy family .....all we would ask is give it a go and try and make it work instead of shutting the door.......please....

Offline Julesp

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2011, 00:19:25 AM »
I just hope some one can give him a good home As ever I want this dog but cannot!
Hate all the negative commments of why you cant keep. A baby is more important and my rescue dog although lovely and loyal, I wouldnt trust him near a baby because he is too loyal and hates strangers

Offline caz35

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2011, 11:36:25 AM »
I am looking for a new home for my dog and asked for anyone interested to email me through my profile.  I didn't want to give all my reasons on here as anyone who was definately interested, would have emailed me for the information anyway.  So Terrie and Harley don't jump to such conclusions the next time.  Why didn't you just email me to ask for the reasons if you were that concerned?  I love zilli to bits but my baby comes first no matter what anyone says.  I am on my own with a newborn (husband working in tourism) and dog, trying to do it all, so don't judge before you know the full story.  Caz

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2011, 12:20:43 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by caz35

I am looking for a new home for my dog and asked for anyone interested to email me through my profile.  I didn't want to give all my reasons on here as anyone who was definately interested, would have emailed me for the information anyway.  So Terrie and Harley don't jump to such conclusions the next time.  Why didn't you just email me to ask for the reasons if you were that concerned?  I love zilli to bits but my baby comes first no matter what anyone says.  I am on my own with a newborn (husband working in tourism) and dog, trying to do it all, so don't judge before you know the full story.  Caz

Fair comments Caz and a shame you had to go through all of this justification!:(

Offline Karabag

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2011, 12:34:59 PM »
Beautiful little dog Caz, I hope you find a really lovely home for her. Wish I could take her but we have 4 already, 3 of them re-homes, they settled in very quickly with us, you would never know they had previous owners. We re-homed one of them for much less reasons why you are trying to find a new home for yours, we didn't judge we just felt blessed to have her. Good luck x

Offline jacqtay

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2011, 12:35:40 PM »
Good luck in rehoming the dog Caz35,
Some of the comments on here are beyond belief: :),

Maybe you should have asked for help rehoming your baby instead of the dog:(.

For me its a no brainer human v dog..... human every time.

good luck.

( got my tin hat on )

Offline terrie

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2011, 12:54:57 PM »
I can only say sorry for having upset you Caz, but please believe my intentions where to help zilly.
Sometimes when you deal with animal problems rehoming etc  on what can be a daily bases for almost three years it's easy to think of people in your situation wrongly.
There are lots of times when people don't care about there animals welfare and we are left to pick up the pieces.
Maybe I have learnt a lesson myself over your posting about Zilly  and will not be so quick to judge next time.
Being an animal lover can be heartbreaking sometimes as I am sure you know
Terrie

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf