Author Topic: The dilemma of the old street dogs  (Read 6706 times)

Offline jenbo

The dilemma of the old street dogs
« on: July 16, 2011, 22:08:14 PM »
I appreciate dogs should be kept under control but now new laws prohibit any unsuperised dogs on the streets. This is a real problem for an old street dog who is cared for by it's 'street' and in turn has protected it's residents. After living free for so many years it is impossible for the dog to adapt to being chained or locked in a garden/property. This has happened to our beautiful BIG street dog Rocky. We have rescued him from Uzumlu but now desperately need to re-home him preferably in a secure environment with a large garden and caring owners. Please read Rocky's story in the Aegean Independant and the Land of Lights next week or contact me for details on CBF. This old ( but still fit) loyal dog deserves to live out his days safe, happy and well cared for.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 22:23:52 PM »
You have 'rescued' him from the Animal Shelter and now you don't know what to do with him.

After living free for so many years it is impossible for the dog to adapt to being chained or locked in a garden/property and now you are trying to re-home him?

The aegean paper has been running a campaign to clear these 'guard' dogs from our streets, how can they now run a story about Rocky?

Sorry I'm lost for words.

Offline jenbo

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 22:38:15 PM »
Sounds like you are trying to be too clever with yours words...to clarify, he has been rescued and taken to a safe but temporary home in Kemer. We know our gardens in this area are too small to accommodate a dog this size that is why we are looking for a home with a LARGE and secure garden for him. We are not irresponsible people and thankfully we have a little more compassion than to let this dog go to an 'Antalya man' probably to be used for dog fighting or let him rot locked up inside in Uzumlu! It's not words you are lost for Tinkerman...it's called 'a heart'!

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 22:48:47 PM »
Firstly there are no dogs rotting in Uzumlu, the shelter is actually Catalalik nothing to do with Uzumlu, I cant think of a better place for an old dog to spend its last few years than in the Animal Shelter with guaranteed food and a roof over its head.
 Why would I spend everyday and night working for Animal Aid and get involved in every animal rescue without heart?

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 23:21:08 PM »
jenbo, I must admit reading your first post I read it as tinkerman did and I was speechless. Reading your second post makes me furious. The dog was being looked after at the animal shelter and by removing it I feel you have put it in a state of uncertainty. Taking it from the shelter without a plan of how you were going to look after it is irresponsible.For the dog's sake take it back to the shelter.

If you and the others in your street really cared for this dog you would have found a way to keep it safe and not try to pass it on to someone else.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 23:23:01 PM by Ovacikpeedoff »

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2011, 06:00:32 AM »
Id just like to say a few words about our heartless Tinkerman.
He currently is looking after a puppy with severe wounds on its back in his own home, and has 2 extra cats he's caring for.
In this last couple of weeks alone he has negotiated rescuing a dog that was being left all day with no shade, been up in a microlite and a precarious mountain drive looking for escaped horses. That's in amongst the never ending call outs, trips to the vets etc.
Oh and raised over 1000 tl for local animals.
It must be soul destroying to be then told he has no heart.

Jenbo, I would suggest an apology is due.

Offline Diverbaz 1

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2011, 06:33:27 AM »
The Aegean Independent yet again trying to put down Animal Aid and the rescue centre. What away to run (loosely put) a so called newspaper. Find some real news David and Co.

Tinkerman and Animal aid RESCUE animals and take them to the RESCUE centre. Where they are looked after until re-homed, 100's have, that is until DO GOODER'S that know nothing about their work start to interfere. If you are that passionate about the well being of theses animals, then offer to HELP, give up some of your time. I would go on but then Aegean times would steal for an article.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 06:41:48 AM by Diverbaz 1 »

Offline booo

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2011, 06:33:54 AM »
Jenbo, I too am not sure why you took the dog from the dog shelter
There is a large open space for the dogs to exercise , food, shelter and vet care
They dont put down dogs that arent homed
Maybe because you are a New Member you dont know all the work that Tinkerman does for the Animal Shelter,
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 09:48:47 AM by booo »

Offline calvin 1949

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2011, 07:23:14 AM »
Perhaps time for another open Day at the shelter ,when all the Knockers[:(!] can go down and meet all the people that do all the great none paid work to make sure all the animals in the area have some quality of life :),You never know the Editor of the Aegean newspaper might even see what sterling work is done and write an article about the good side of the shelter :) Rant over  ;)time for the Knockers to show up or shutup!!!!

Offline johnboy1967

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2011, 07:24:36 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by jenbo

Sounds like you are trying to be too clever with yours words...to clarify, he has been rescued and taken to a safe but temporary home in Kemer. We know our gardens in this area are too small to accommodate a dog this size that is why we are looking for a home with a LARGE and secure garden for him. We are not irresponsible people and thankfully we have a little more compassion than to let this dog go to an 'Antalya man' probably to be used for dog fighting or let him rot locked up inside in Uzumlu! It's not words you are lost for Tinkerman...it's called 'a heart'!

I too think you need to gather some facts before insulting tinks or anyone else at A Aid or the shelter... Try doing a search through the Animal Aid section and your see tinks has one of the biggest hearts out there and you dam well owe him an apology..!!!!"

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf