Author Topic: Authentic Turkish Food  (Read 10695 times)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Authentic Turkish Food
« Reply #80 on: August 06, 2011, 23:45:23 PM »
Directions to the Mozaik Bahce can be found here slartibarfast

{A Link to an old CBF topic was here - no longer available}41609

Offline Robw

Authentic Turkish Food
« Reply #81 on: August 06, 2011, 23:48:11 PM »
Behind Domino's Pizza shop! :D

Here you go....

1. head for the front of Carrefour and then walk to the Kayamalik offices. Face as if you were heading to the fish market. Opposite the offices you should see an Intercity Car Hire place and there is an alley there where the hire cars are parked.

Walk through there and you will see the Mozaic Bahce directly in front of you.

2. the easy answer to this question is if you know where the Fethiye Sultan Ahmet restaurant is then it is literally just behind there in a sort of semi residential area with pedestrianised streets.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 23:52:58 PM by Robw »

Offline Robw

Authentic Turkish Food
« Reply #82 on: August 07, 2011, 00:14:06 AM »

Just been reliably informed carrefore is now Migros and Sultan Ahmet is now Sehzade Bursa Iskander. If you don't know where Migros is its on the Harbour near to where the water Taxi drops you.

Offline slartibartfast

Authentic Turkish Food
« Reply #83 on: August 07, 2011, 08:16:18 AM »
Thanks folks that's great .... and apologies for my unintentionally grumpy sounding post !

The comments on Mosaic sound too good to be true so we can't wait to try it.  We have had a couple of underwhelming meals at Megri Lokanta the last couple of times we were there and friends have said the same so always looking for decent places in Fethiye.   I still can't believe we have never even heard of Mosaic when it seems almost to be revered on the CBF !

Offline marina

Authentic Turkish Food
« Reply #84 on: August 07, 2011, 10:26:14 AM »
slartibartfast - the comments about Mozaic may sound too good to be true but they're pretty accurate.  We only found it earlier this year and were so impressed by the food, the location and the people there that we went back 3 times and will make sure it's one of our first stops next time.  

It's well worth following the instructions  :) ;)

Offline johntaylor49

Authentic Turkish Food
« Reply #85 on: August 07, 2011, 11:10:08 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Anne

John, out of interest, which Indian restaurant is near authentic in Glasgow?
I've been in loads of them and the best I've ever had is in http://The Dhabba  Mouth watering stuff:D

Well been a few years since I was there so may not be any more!

There was a liitle place in the Theatre district just round the corner from opposite the Holiday Inn. (If holiday in at your right down and 1st left. The food was mainly South Indian and the Kerala Lamb was superb.

It was a bit tatty, and cheap, (a good guide if you are India usually  :)), and very busy early and late with Theatre goers.

Actually generally I find the food quality and variety in Scotland  and the Northumnbrian borders for value for money much better than here in England, at least in the Restaurants! I remember staying at a little Hotel in a place called Uplawmoor in the East Renfrewshire Hills and complimenting the Chef on the amazing steak and asked where he got it, to which he pointed out the window to a field where bullocks were grazing!

John

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf