Author Topic: Tottenham Riots  (Read 5341 times)

Offline doubletwo

Tottenham Riots
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2011, 23:07:57 PM »
Dont want to sound racist but I believe the non stop influx of immigrants from Poland and Romania etc has a lot to do with what is happening.The country is now over run with them and there does not seem to be any less of them coming here than a year ago.We have over a million illegal immigrants here as well as the legal ones.Not to long ago you could walk down any high street and all you would hear is the english language, now all you hear are foreign languages.They all seem very well off, carrying bags of food or clothes and all have the latest mobile phones.We have millions unemployed here in britain,and it bothers me why are we letting in any immigrants at all even from europe,its costing the tax payer billions in benefits,we have the best benefit payouts in the world,for those with children and unemployed.I am sure that seeing all these immigrants come over and taking jobs the British want but dont get is infuriating 1000s of the Brits and it has been brewing up for a long time now.I think this is one of the reasons we are getting all this trouble now.The Brits who cannot gets jobs so they can enjoy a decent life style see no future for themselves or their children.They live hand to mouth with no hope and are looked down on because they are on benefits and are called scroungers.The rioting that is going on now is the anger coming out because they see no future for themselves.They loot shops and steal things simply because they cannot afford to ever buy them.Yes its wrong and of course they know it but because of the way this country is now they dont care and have given up hope.When they see their own government caring more about immigrants than them something has got to give.Combine that with other factors and all hell breaks loose just like it is now.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 23:09:38 PM by doubletwo »

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Tottenham Riots
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2011, 23:25:00 PM »
Doubletwo - you make points which others may agree with, but in my opinion there was only one explanation for what has gone on over the last for nights.

It was mindlesss criminality carried out by a shower of thugs who should be dealt with as severely a possible.

For example, I heard on the news that one of the alleged looters is a teaching assistant. Well here's a suggestion - if he is found guilty, throw him in jail (and if there isn't space for him, find one),sack the bar steward before he has time to leave the dock and don't give him ONE PENNY compensation.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 23:27:54 PM by Highlander »

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Tottenham Riots
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2011, 00:25:07 AM »
H, double 2 has got a point, but I think we are dealing with two separate issues here, one as double two has mentioned, and the other which you have, and which is the case here in Liverpool,I make no excuses for it , it is thieving scum and kids being encouraged by adults, and it sickens me and most people here to the core,I am glad that the people got out and fronted them, it saved alot of trouble last night, and am even more so, that Liverpool is very quiet tonight, I doubt we will see any more trouble here, and sincerely hope i am right.

Offline geordieboy

Tottenham Riots
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2011, 05:28:40 AM »
I think we should keep in mind that we are talking about a very small minority of the teenage population of GB,who,for reasons best known to themselves,have gone on the rampage.
Undoubtedly in the very near future we'll have the teams of experts trotting out all the reasons for the mob mentality,socially deprived,lack of parental control,lack of discipline,no future,etc,etc.
Sadly,the above can be said to have an element of truth,however no government overnight can solve a situation that has been festering for years,a million jobs can't be pulled out of the hat,the gang mentality seemingly cannot be controlled,the law is a joke,respect for people and property has gone out of the window.
Have you got a solution?,bring out the army,water cannons,hammer the little buggers into the floor,knock it into them,brilliant solution.
No ones got the answer,because quite simply we all lost the plot years ago when discipline went out of the window.
We have the tiger by the tail,let go at your peril.

Offline philrose

Tottenham Riots
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2011, 08:23:43 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by doubletwo

They live hand to mouth with no hope and are looked down on because they are on benefits and are called scroungers.The rioting that is going on now is the anger coming out because they see no future for themselves.They loot shops and steal things simply because they cannot afford to ever buy them.Yes its wrong and of course they know it but because of the way this country is now they dont care and have given up hope.When they see their own government caring more about immigrants than them something has got to give.Combine that with other factors and all hell breaks loose just like it is now.

#
So how come in most of the footage I've seen, these so called protestors are well dressed young men wearing the latest designer gear and co-ordinating the looting and rioting using their Blackberry phones[?]
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 08:24:41 AM by philrose »

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Tottenham Riots
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2011, 08:39:34 AM »
and if they are living 'hand to mouth' why are they stealing electrical goods? they really don't look like starving people.

Offline scorcher

Tottenham Riots
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2011, 08:56:27 AM »
What a clearly thought out post from Geordieboy - bang on the money !

Offline FrankStanley

Tottenham Riots
« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2011, 18:06:33 PM »
good one geordie boy, see my post on pg4?

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Tottenham Riots
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2011, 00:05:15 AM »
One girl looter's mother saw her piccie on TV and dobbed her in. Bloody brilliant  8)

Offline geordieboy

Tottenham Riots
« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2011, 08:55:21 AM »
Lets put the mob subject on ice for a while,and think about the small shop keepers who are the cement in any community,they have,through no fault of their own had their lives torn apart,hard working folk who are a vital part of the community.So my thought is this,compensate these people immediately,get them back on their feet,now,not next month,not after countless meetings,now.
We are chucking millions at Gadaffi,stuff him,he'll be getting his very shortly,put a few million where its going to have a positive result,rebuild the shattered communities now.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf