Author Topic: T.C. Total Rip Off to Fly from Scotland  (Read 3099 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
T.C. Total Rip Off to Fly from Scotland
« on: August 08, 2011, 20:49:50 PM »
Looking at the flights from Aberdeen to Dalaman with T.C. next year flights have almost trebled. So for two flights without any extras
Aberdeen To Dalaman any weeks from May to September £1139.96 Flights from Glasgow to Dalaman same weeks for two people £447.96.
I don't mind paying a little extra to fly from Aberdeen but over double is totally ridiculous.:(
I feel like writing to someone to complaint but seems like T.C. are holding all the cards.
I wonder just how many people will book from Aberdeen next year[?]

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 21:01:33 PM »
I fully take your point about Aberdeen Jacqui but I think you'll find it's not just Scotland. Doncaster would be equally a expensive as ABZ:(.

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 22:25:09 PM »
However I notice that tesco have been undercharging on certain products in Scotland in comparison to the rest of the UK:D

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 22:44:34 PM »
Tell us more GB.  Not often we get a bargain so we need to know what it is.  Don't need it but want it if it is a bargain.: :) ;):D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 22:54:05 PM »
The woman on the till at Tesco told me she was heading south that evening to Newcastle Airport as she and her friends had saved £600 by avoiding Scottish airports. I told her that was a coincidence as we were heading there too, 48 hours after her. When we got there, all the people parking up in the long stay car park and dropping off their car keys seemed to speak with Scottish accents, and the same in the check in queue.

Scotland's favourite airport. Newcastle.

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 00:42:19 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Gorgeous_bird

However I notice that tesco have been undercharging on certain products in Scotland in comparison to the rest of the UK:D

With the additional savings from free prescriptions and free hopital parking etc, I don't think they've any reason to moan  ;)

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 08:23:21 AM »
Nothing is "free".   We just get the English to pay for it :-)

Hope that helps.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 08:41:07 AM »
People on this Forum are now comparing the costs of living in Scotland implemented by the Government to the costs of flying from a certain part of Scotland implemented by a private Company who have the Monopoly.  It is still costs only £477 for two return flights from Glasgow and £1139 for flights from Aberdeen.  
If I need to use the Hospital or get a prescription in Aberdeen or Glasgow they will still be free.
So I think the point is being missed here.  
The point being, a private company with a monopoly ripping off the people living in a town simply because they can.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 09:36:51 AM »
If the flights are too expensive TC won't sell them so they will drop their prices or stop flying from Aberdeen (or Edinburgh or Glasgow etc).

Funnily enough we went on a last minute holiday to Turkey 2 weeks ago and flew from Aberdeen as it was cheapest !.  (and a very nice airport it is too). I fully support cheaper Aberdeen flights as I'd rather fly from there than travel from Perth to Edinburgh or Glasgow ... being the only "package" flight out of the airport at the height of the season was very relaxing due to the lack of crowds !

We have been reluctant to travel down south for cheaper flights but there comes a point when the difference is just to much.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 09:47:46 AM »
That's fine if you can wait around and see what is going to happen, unfortunately, we cannot. My husand has to book his holidays to fit in with the other people he works with and the list comes out before Christmas.  So we cannot take a chance on a last minute flight or waiting for prices to drop.  Looks like we will be back to the bad old days of travelling to Glasgow again.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf