Author Topic: Slimline Tonic  (Read 2806 times)

Offline Linda

Slimline Tonic
« on: August 13, 2011, 15:40:11 PM »
Has anybody been able to find Slimline tonic here and if so where?

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Slimline Tonic
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 15:47:06 PM »
We have not seen any in the 3 years we have been here, only diet drinks we have seen are cola and lemonade.
Mark

Offline grizabella

Slimline Tonic
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 16:27:07 PM »
there's also a low calorie orange on the market now the make is Uludag and a sugar free lemonata which several companies do.

Offline Lynn25

Slimline Tonic
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 23:04:07 PM »
Looks like I'm putting some in my case then!! Or will it go bang on the plane?? X

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Slimline Tonic
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 06:46:45 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Lynn25

Looks like I'm putting some in my case then!! Or will it go bang on the plane?? X

Plenty of swheepes ordinary tonic in the supermarkets Lynne It should travel ok but could get messy

Offline johntaylor49

Slimline Tonic
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 10:29:17 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Linda

Never quite understood why people want slimline Tonic, it must be for the taste as it cant possibly be for the purpose of calories as there are far more calories in the Gin or Vodka than there are in the Tonic! I think is tastes revolting, that horrible sacharine taste --Yuk  --- but hey, thats just me  :)

I shouldnt put it in your case though, the holds of Passenger Aircraft are pressuried and heated but to a height of about 8,000ft so a carbonated liquid exerting pressure on a crimped metal cap or a plastic screw thread, could fail and get very messy indeed!

JT

Offline Pi55y

Slimline Tonic
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2011, 11:36:16 AM »
Quite agree about the pressure - we had a big bag of crisps in our hand luggage on the plane coming back to eat on the plane.  The bag expanded and blew up like a balloon and we only just managed to open it and let the air out before it reached the inevitable big bang - that would have been really scarey for the pasengers.  Strange but it has never happened before in all the times of travelling.

To get back on thread I for one find the ordinairy tonic too sweet and Turkish tonic horrible so it would be great if they did get slimline out here.

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Slimline Tonic
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2011, 12:26:53 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by johntaylor49

quote:
Originally posted by Linda

Never quite understood why people want slimline Tonic, it must be for the taste as it cant possibly be for the purpose of calories as there are far more calories in the Gin or Vodka than there are in the Tonic! I think is tastes revolting, that horrible sacharine taste --Yuk  --- but hey, thats just me  :)

I shouldnt put it in your case though, the holds of Passenger Aircraft are pressuried and heated but to a height of about 8,000ft so a carbonated liquid exerting pressure on a crimped metal cap or a plastic screw thread, could fail and get very messy indeed!

JT

John who mentioned gin or vodka we are Tee Total so drink tonic neat  :o ;)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 12:28:47 PM by karaokemark »

Offline micky mouse

Slimline Tonic
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2011, 13:35:49 PM »
Have purchased it before in mellisa market ciftlick schweppes and a turkish one in a clear bottle with a red label on it.Is slimline the same as sugar free?i have to have it as my other half is diabetic,but mellisa does not stock it all the time.

Offline Linda

Slimline Tonic
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2011, 14:39:22 PM »
If somebody would be good enough to let me know when Melissa have got it in stock as I would drive across and buy some in bulk. Perhaps it's worth speaking to them to let them know that there is a demand for it ......?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf