Author Topic: Yobbish behaviour  (Read 1944 times)

Offline cathy h

Yobbish behaviour
« on: September 14, 2011, 07:46:45 AM »
I just want to warn forum members that some idiotic Turkish youths/young men have developed a new evening passtime in our area.
On Friday evening around 9.30, we were sitting quietly on our terrace enjoying a pleasant evening when we heard a car wheel spin on the road outside, followed by 'missiles' being thrown at us as the car drove off.
Thankfully they were nothing worse than eggs, but needless to say around 6 broken eggs scattered all over the terrace and roof and upstairs balcony (which we didn't spot till the morning) made quite a mess.
Well, they came back last night at 11.00 and we were again pelted with eggs.
I will be contacting the police today. I feel silly doing this as it seems a waste of police time, but it may help prevent it happening to someone else. I dread to think how older people could be intimidated by this, or if it happened to someone who is new to the area, it could ruin their holiday or new life in Calis.
The area in question lies between Bariş Manco Bvl and the river with the upside down bridge,a couple of streets from Aydin Pide and PJ's bar.

Offline screamlead

Yobbish behaviour
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 08:00:47 AM »
Get the cameras out then show them the Police.

Offline kevman

Yobbish behaviour
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 08:38:47 AM »
Last night I was stood along by the Roka Restaurant chatting to a friend when 2 young lads came along on a moped, the driver certainly didn't look old enough to drive,the pillion rider was spitting at us. Luckily he missed us both. Is this what the British community is up against???

Offline johntaylor49

Yobbish behaviour
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 08:57:17 AM »
hmm, so emails to governor of Mugla again?

Meldrew

Offline valleyboy

Yobbish behaviour
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 12:03:49 PM »
Do you think these episodes of egg throwing and spitting (other incidents of spitting reported), are the "jolly japes" of a bored Turkish youth ? or maybe a deeper, underlying change in attitudes toward the Expat community in general ??
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 19:10:37 PM by valleyboy »

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Yobbish behaviour
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 14:54:35 PM »
An incident when we first visited Calis in 1997:

I boarded a dolmus with Hilary following me. Two Turkish youths pushed in front of her, boarded the bus, and then very pointedly slammed the door shut in her face. I asked back at the hotel whether this was some anti-foreigner/anti-women thing. The manager shrugged: "There are always some stupid people. Especially when they are young. I'm sorry, forget it".

Probably these incidents are the same sort of thing - not some deeper underlying change in Turkish society.

Offline valleyboy

Yobbish behaviour
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 19:09:39 PM »
I hope so, it would be a great shame if it was. Must agree with the point that there are idiots everywhere, unfortunately. :(
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 19:31:44 PM by valleyboy »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf