Author Topic: Crockery!  (Read 1706 times)

Offline WendyA

Crockery!
« on: September 25, 2011, 10:35:44 AM »
Just about finished equipping our new villa, but still need crockery.  Didn't get time before leaving Calis, to fully check this out, but most of what we saw was either very fancy or cheap and nasty!  I know there are alternatives, but not sure of where to go.  Looking for something economical as we will probably let at times, but want something stylish (modern, simple?).  Anyone know of any good shops' to investigate?

Offline Julesp

Crockery!
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 10:40:15 AM »
Cant remember the name but the shop on the corner opposite the entrance to the Tuesday Market Fethiye usually have a good selection

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Crockery!
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 10:44:28 AM »
Yep, that's the same one that I'd suggest too.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Crockery!
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 13:02:27 PM »
Or there's the Tefal shop on the back road or if you want to lash out a bit the kitchen shop in the covered arcade between Ramazan clothes shop & Dikmen jewellers.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Crockery!
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2011, 13:29:34 PM »
The one opposite the market is the Million shop, we got our stuff in there when we first came to Calis, and thought we would rent out (we never did, loved the place too much) however, it's a bit "Hotel" quality and I think, most of it is for the rental market. The Tefal shop has some nice stuff, however, if you are renting out and not exclusively keeping the place for yourselves I would say the million shop would be your best bet.  I have also seend cheap patterned dinner ware in Migros.

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
Crockery!
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 17:05:38 PM »
We did the same as Jacqui and bought most of our stuff in the million shop! What fun we had in there its fab! But bought crockery from Gempa and Migros in the end as the choices were better and the million shop tend to stock that 'tempered glass' stuff which always reminds me of Blackpool boarding houses!

Offline kizkucuk

Crockery!
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2011, 17:44:42 PM »
I like the Million Shop too - but there is also the place in Gunlukbasi - Tathal something - they are always reasonably priced I have had all sorts from them - failing that Ikea in Izmir - you cna order on line and they will deliver  :-)

Offline WendyA

Crockery!
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2011, 08:40:40 AM »
Thanks for al the advice - will investigate all these suggestions when I'm next over.  Hope it can be soon...!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf