Author Topic: Inheritance Laws  (Read 2639 times)

Offline UK Resident

Inheritance Laws
« on: October 07, 2011, 21:41:06 PM »
Greetings fellow members.  
Our late mother bought a flat in Calis.  Our mothers final Will was made in North Cyprus. We hired a well known solicitor in Calis 3 years ago to transfer the deeds into our name. Our stepfather (with his agreement) was not named in the Will and produced documents saying he wanted no rights to it, however, the solicitor has put his name on the deeds saying this is Turkish Law. Does anyone know about inheritance law?  She is now requesting another document from him so she can remove his name!!  Please help.  It sounds all wrong. Thanks.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Inheritance Laws
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 21:54:06 PM »
Read this thread UK Resident
{A Link to an old CBF topic was here - no longer available}43642

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Inheritance Laws
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 22:21:39 PM »
I read that around 6 times before realising it wasn't the solicitor's name on the deeds [:o]

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
Inheritance Laws
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 11:26:59 AM »
GGGGRRRRR !!!!
I would refer our learned friend to the MANY replies given some time ago !!!! [:(!][:(!]: :): :)

Offline UK Resident

Inheritance Laws
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 09:01:27 AM »
Thanks for responses.  I read the thread.  Unfortunately our late mother's will was made in North Cyprus.  She did not make one in Turkey.  I cannot believe the situation we are in.  We have yet to see the document showing the tranfer into our names!  Our mother purchased the flat for £25,000 20 years ago in Aynur Sitesi, Calis.  We are told it is not worth much more to sell.  May be its just a bad time to sell?  I am coming to have her flat cleaned....dont know who to trust as an Estate Agents and leave the key with...can anyone suggest an agency?  Thanks.

Offline Steve (redding43)

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Inheritance Laws
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 09:30:51 AM »
Www.interturkestates.com

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Inheritance Laws
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 10:37:36 AM »
UK Resident, you have not mentioned what nationality your mother was, Northern Cyprus, comes under Turkey? Is she Turkish? if so then her Will is that of Turkey and would I assume come under the laws of Turkey.

Offline scareylady

• Yes, she is...
Inheritance Laws
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2011, 10:38:17 AM »
I would definitly reccommend Interturk Estates ... They handled the sale of our villa and were absolutely wonderful x  Cenks wife Olga also did all our management so they could arrange the deep clean for you.  Good Luck

Offline BM06

Inheritance Laws
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2011, 12:38:52 PM »
25,000 pound 20 years ago[?] you could have bought Calis for that 20 years ago :o I would also highly recommend Interturk estates, a professional team and will help in any way they can with the situation you have found yourselves in 8)

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Inheritance Laws
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2011, 12:39:46 PM »
If your stepfather was in agreement that he should not benefit from your Mothers will, can't you just buy the property from him for a lira and have done with it?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf