Author Topic: Winds of change for Hisaronu  (Read 22420 times)

Offline Linda

Winds of change for Hisaronu
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2011, 12:47:52 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

I must say that I am not slating Hisaronu, I do not "get it" and I have never really made the effort to find out why those who love it, do. Having read Sleuth & bewva's posts...I still don't get it!!! Well I suppose I am a little closer to understanding it but I can't think of any notable destination that is popular not because of it's own charms and offerings, but because of it's proximity to other places that do have something to offer! That's like holidaying in Grimsby because it's as close to Skegness as it is to Scarborough (no offence to Grimsby readers!).

Ultimately it is everyone's personal choice and anywhere around Fethiye has to be better than Altinkum or Falaraki  ;)

I must confess that I don't 'get' Calis either but like Scunner have probably never made the effort to find out .. basically because I don't particularly want to! That being said I'm not about to slate a resort that I havent spent much time in myself. Regarding proximity Hisaronu is very close to both Olu Deniz and Kaya ... many tourists who prefer not to stay in these area's, for whatever reason, like Hisaronu as it makes visting these other areas effortless ....

As for virtues of it's own here are just a few ... from someone who does know the area from more than just a tourist perspective:

Hisaronu caters for eveyone from young kids through to lively party animals to the older generation ...
Sleepy during the day with the wonderful mountain backdrop it comes to life at night .....
Unique balcony style bars and restaurants are great for people watching late into the night ...
It's pedestrionised streets make it easy and safe to walk around ...
Spoilt for choice by restaurants, cafes and locantas to suit everyones budget and taste ....
A plentful selection of barbers, hairdressers and beauty salons ajoin a range of shops to satisfy any shopaholic and a weekly tourist market negate the need to have to travel into Fethiye to market shop ...
Three large supermarkets cater for every tourists need, especially those in self catering accomodation ...
Most accomodation is far enough out of the village not to be affected by noise but close enough to walk to without having to use taxis or dolmus'
Ovacik is within walking distance whilst Olu Deniz and Kaya are just a 10 minute dolmus ride away ...

I could go on but feel I have summed up quite a bit of what Hisaronu has to offer as a tourist destination in it's own right ...  8)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 12:53:11 PM by Linda »

Offline Libra

« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2011, 13:31:35 PM »
People who come as tourists and people who live here permanently or longterm might see things with different eyes and hear with different ears.

Most of us were tourists once and so was I. I liked the entertainment , the music , the liveliness of any place in the tourist resorts. For a limited time , one can live with all this.Now as I live here in Ovacik , I look forward for the tourist season to end to have some rest and peace. Maybe once or twice a year , we go to Hisaronu to show the place to our guests.

In order to see the other face of Hisaronu , one must be there beyond November. Everything looks very artificial like an empty film set ; OLUWOOD I would call Hisaronu in winter. How long Hisaronu will survive , will depend on the number of tourists who like an artificial atmosphere rather than a natural atmosphere.

Offline scooby doo

« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2011, 14:07:48 PM »
Well here goes, this was a sensible debate untill people who frequent H were called Chavs :( not very nice.
So  8)I prefer Olu, Ovacik, and Fethiye
I dont like Calis and must say H is not on my must visit list either.
Every one cannot like everywhere, its nothing personal. just their own
opinion  :-\

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2011, 14:14:05 PM »
Yes, the forum is a place for people to share their opinions. Different opinions can be shared too.

Offline Ozzie

« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2011, 17:03:09 PM »
H - I come from Grimsby - not offended  :) - now live in Ovacik and know which I prefer x

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2011, 21:35:30 PM »
My fist visit to H was whilst on our first visit to Turkey stayin in Ovacick. I was horrified, it reminded me of a scene from Apocolypse now. However my next 2 visits were to H - my kids loved it and the place grew on us. Now I choose to visit it a couple of times a holiday. It is what it is, trying to eek out a living by catering for a particular market, it doesn't have a harbour, a glorious sea view etc but it does have real Bisto gravy,cheap chinese meals, a great curry house and if these help to make your holiday a great one then who is anyone to judge. It is a shame that H caters in the main for a market whose cash flow has been severely restricted in the current economic situation. As a result it has become harder to make a living from a customer unwilling to pay.

Offline hugh shaw

« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2011, 01:57:09 AM »
karabag that sounds a good name for you.You need to watch your mouth calling people chavs in general some will take ofence. This topic was not about slagging of people who prefer Hisaronu to anywhere else. This periodic slagging  of Hisaronu by dinasours like highlander who has never been there except on a dolmus and scunner who should know better its pathetic

Offline jrichards1

« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2011, 08:46:34 AM »
Whats a Karabag and whats a Chav????  Are these new insutling names and who should be taking offence at them?

I'd like to know if I'm being insulted in future. I like Karabag, I might use that (if its not too offencive of course)

Ha ha, I love this forum xx

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2011, 09:02:57 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by hugh shaw

karabag that sounds a good name for you.You need to watch your mouth calling people chavs in general some will take ofence. This topic was not about slagging of people who prefer Hisaronu to anywhere else. This periodic slagging  of Hisaronu by dinasours like highlander who has never been there except on a dolmus and scunner who should know better its pathetic

Not the first swipe at the forum Hugh, it's every other post from you now - I must insist for your own good that if you don't like CBF then DON'T COME - why are you visiting such a pathetic place, get a different life!!! If you insist on just posting slagging off the forum and thuggishly telling members to "watch their mouth", you will be removed for the good of all including you. No further discussions, this is the last request you will receive.

Offline booo

« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2011, 09:04:40 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Karabag

I think it's good to have a place like H, it keeps all the chavs and likewise people in one place, saves them going into Fethiye and Calis, just my opinion!

Granted not many in Fethiye but I think Calis has its fair share  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf