Author Topic: Abandonded dog  (Read 16053 times)

Offline Julesp

Abandonded dog
« Reply #70 on: December 22, 2011, 22:56:26 PM »
Going back to the topic of the fashion shows,when FiG helped them I do know that it was made clear from the start that FiG had nothing to do with any sales from the Fashion side of things, but FiG gave their support and some supporters of FiG acted as models on the day, I believe that everyone had a good afternoon and quite a bit of money was raised for FiG at the same time. I think that maybe the Ovacik advert for their show was just badly worded.

My post is till on TAG Maybe theyve gone to bed

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Abandonded dog
« Reply #71 on: December 22, 2011, 22:58:04 PM »
It will remain unanswered forever, which is not quite as low as deleting it but not far off.

Offline cheers

Abandonded dog
« Reply #72 on: December 22, 2011, 23:24:08 PM »
I timed my post before it was deleted and it lasted a whole .... 30 seconds .... then I was blocked.  Reported it as a scam a couple of times.

Offline Julesp

Abandonded dog
« Reply #73 on: December 22, 2011, 23:40:59 PM »
Its gone! Surprise Surprise!

They really should be more concerned and at least message you as to why, theyve removed the post, if someone is obtaining money using their name Its their duty to let you know if its a scam or not, especially with the quick link button to pay

I presume as they told Tinkerman that they have government approval that they are registered as a charity.

Im sure if it was someone using FiGs name as a means of raising money, we would immediately look into, put a stop to and notify everyone about it

Well thats one charity I will never support, they are very shifty too about where they are working from, but looking at some of the photos of the receipts theyve posted, on the post about the new animal shelter, they are in Didim, at least the receipts have been issued by a Didim supplier

Offline Julesp

Abandonded dog
« Reply #74 on: December 22, 2011, 23:59:06 PM »
Interesting, Karen Lowrie Wren The lady from Tag hasnt made her Facebook profile private so anyone can see it This is a post from 8th December Sorry about the length of it I jus copied and pasted the whole post!

Hi Guys, This is Daisy a wee pup that is tied up at the back of a Hotel in Turkey, Daisy will be rescued in January through the help of the turkish animal group, She will then stay with t.a.g until she can come home to me in the uk, She has suffered enough kicking from the bar staff, She gets nothing much to eat other than bread and water when they can be bothered..I need to raise funds to get daisy to the uk and to her first ever home, If 180 people donate just $8/£5 she will make it home..

ChipIn: Daisy the dog: Born in to Negelct
savedaisy.chipin.com

Nanette M. Ruth what is the current status of funds, Karen?
8 December at 06:25

Nanette M. Ruth Karen, just made a donation to Larraine Jackson. This story is tragic, cruel, and barberic.
8 December at 06:31

Laurianne Iris Jackson thankyou so much ! truly grateful . xx
8 December at 06:40

Nanette M. Ruth Laurianne, I haven't received my PayPal receipt yet...everything went through and then, stuck at the end. Make sure you contact me by tomorrow (sometimes takes 24 hours or less...) if you don't receive the funds. I want to make sure that Daisy/You get something to help you both * I hate stories like this!
8 December at 06:43

Karen Lowrie Wren Love you Nanette  :)
8 December at 06:44

Nanette M. Ruth can you get her some dog food at least and 2 nice bowls? I will pay for them; she deserves a blanket, bowls, and care. Can you purchase those?
8 December at 06:44

Nanette M. Ruth send me Sweetie and Baby via Fed Ex tomorrow, ok, Karen????
8 December at 06:45

Nanette M. Ruth I love you both, back too *
8 December at 06:45

Karen Lowrie Wren Nanette i am over there Jan and im going to get her and take her to the new shelter  :) and Laurieanne is raising funds as she will give her a home  :))
8 December at 06:46

Nanette M. Ruth This is in Turkey? Oh, thank you both!!!! Please...we are in No. Califronia PST time...it's close to 9PM here. I want to make sure these funds go through....PayPal stuck on me the other night; to another organization I belong to. It made a double payment! It was ok, but I don't want this happen. I'm sending $50 to you, if that is ok. I wish it was more.
8 December at 06:48

Karen Lowrie Wren Thank you Nanette, Lots of love and sweetie and amber are of the way lol ;-)
8 December at 06:50

Nanette M. Ruth Just made the payment again, through your Chip In. It went through this time. Love to all of you there *
8 December at 09:29 ·  1

Emma Coutts Sent a little for lovely little Daisy.xxx
8 December at 10:59 ·  1

Karen Lowrie Wren Thank you Nanette and Emma  :))
8 December at 18:41

Karen Lowrie Wren xxxx
8 December at 18:41

Laurianne Jackson and especially to little daisy who this will help change the life of . x x x
8 December at 19:46

Offline Julesp

Abandonded dog
« Reply #75 on: December 23, 2011, 00:44:56 AM »
Chip s sign up form Do they think we are stupid ! Maybe a certain person has been

Email   Password (forgot?)   
Collect Money Now!
I am collecting for
(required)      
I want to raise   $   
Leave blank if you have no set amount

The target amount must be at least $10.
I need it by
(required)      
MM/DD or "May 2" (default 30 days)
Send my funds to      My PayPal Account
PayPal email
(required)

By providing us with your PayPal account email address, all contributions will go directly to you. PayPal may charge you a processing fee. Click here to create a PayPal account.

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
Abandonded dog
« Reply #76 on: December 23, 2011, 09:01:08 AM »
I have reported both TAG & Karen Lowrie Wren to the FB moderators. I think KLW may actually do some good for animals but can't be sure, no-one can make up that many stories, can they? Anyway, here a just a few links I've found, the lady in question is very active on many forums "raising money" for TAG.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Turkish-Animal-Group-TAG-Dog-Adoptables/193092287368884

https://www.facebook.com/karen.l.wren?sk=wall

http://roadsidekittens.chipin.com/turkish-shelter-fund

http://tagshelterfund.chipin.com/turkish-animal-group-tag

http://merhabaforums.com/pets-f52/turkish-dog-rescue-fundraising-prize-draw-please-join-t12104.html

http://www.turkishliving.com/forums/members/animalmad34.html

http://forum.kusadasi.biz/threads/can-someone-give-our-loving-doggy-scruff-a-new-home.27428/ - Post #18 is interesting!

Aakkwren31@aol.com - just in case anyone thinks they may get an answer from her direct email as we all seem to be getting blanked on the forums!

Offline Diverbaz 1

Abandonded dog
« Reply #77 on: December 23, 2011, 09:27:59 AM »
I think her original intentions were good, but I think lately she has got into a pickle financially.

Also this one Mark,

https://www.facebook.com/groups/276442688682/
Turkish Animal Group Worldwide
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 09:31:17 AM by Diverbaz 1 »

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
Abandonded dog
« Reply #78 on: December 23, 2011, 10:01:40 AM »
It's a shame if that's the case Baz, there are so many people like you & the other charity workers who devote so much time effort & personal money to helping others & I don't just mean animals here, the likes of Embrace & 3c's, FIG etc. all over Turkey & the world in fact.

To get involved with what are obviously money making scams seems such a waste if you have the drive & enthusiasm to start with, I guess admitting defeat isn't easy for any of us but sometimes you just have to accept failure & move on having learnt from the lesson.

Maybe KLW will sort herself & accept some of the help that everyone is trying to offer, or maybe she wont & is from a similar "mould" to that of others we all know about locally.

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
Abandonded dog
« Reply #79 on: December 23, 2011, 10:31:24 AM »
Posted on TAG Facebook page:

Animal Aid Fethiye and the members of there small team are using nasty, spiteful,harassing and threatening behaviour to my wall pages, groups and website, and forums which have all been documented..
I have yesterday spoken with a solicitor regarding this , Its rather sad that all this is because my charity agreed to help 1 woman save a puppy, i told the lady concerned that i simply cannot afford to pay out money that is for my dogs in the shelter , So she started to fundraise herself for the dog she wants to rescue and save and the chip in is in her account not mine, my involvement in this is getting the dog IF i can, So i told the lady to return all monies collected from the few ppl who donated in total $223 - £154 which some has already been refunded and some we are waiting on the details to refund back..if that is a scam surely we would keep the money but no it has been returned and the rest will be returned, Now do you think they are animal lovers..I say DO NOT TRUST animal aid fethiye and i shall be putting this on all the groups, reporting them in turkey, I will have a email shortly for ppl to make complaints to the local council regarding this animal aid...They have been to check if the pup is still there and they are saying no, Even though ive had reports from turkish she is but not on hotel grounds, So the rescue of this pup has failed because of them sadly...All money returned and so shame on them for causing this!!!!

So now AA (Fethiye) have been blamed for the dog being moved, beggars belief! Good news is that everyone involved with the Daisy scam will be refunded, at least that's a positive in this sad tale.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf