Author Topic: Kas Dolphin Park Reopens  (Read 4743 times)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Kas Dolphin Park Reopens
« on: December 12, 2011, 18:20:51 PM »
As some of you may know a few nights ago 4 dolphins were brought in the dead of night and imprisoned in Misha and Tom's old, small and now rusty sea pens in Kas. The sea pens there are very small indeed and now not two but four dolphins are confined there.

It is currently believed these dolphins have been moved like commodities from Bodrum Dolphin Park.

Now I do understand some people may not feel as strongly about this as they did when they heard two dolphins were going to be dumped in a small swimming pool  up a mountain in Hisaronu after all these 4 dolphins are at least in the sea.

However through the course of the campaign to free Misha and Tom many of us learned that actually to such sensitive cetaceans captivity of any kind is like a living hell.

Dolphins in captivity are fed only enough to ensure they perform for "tricks" they get depressed and die young and if proof of this was needed remember we found out 4 dolphins previously died at Kas and our Misha and Tom were the third pair of "Misha and Toms."

There is already a campaign underway to "do something" about this and you can get involved by visiting this web site to see what action you can take.

http://www.yunuslaraozgurluk.com/new-dolphin-park-in-Kas-dolphinarium

There is also a Facebook group set up but it is currently a secret group. I do not know if or when it will become a public group so if you would like to be more active and would like to join you need to ask someone who is already a member... if you are already on my Facebook friends list and I haven't already added you just message me and I will add you.

A response today from the Mayor of Kas about this development states as follows

"the Municipality had no information about the transportation of the dolphins".

He promises to investigate the whole process from the start and publish the results to the public on their web page.

Offline calvin 1949

Kas Dolphin Park Reopens
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 18:26:25 PM »
Watching with interest !!!!!!!!

Offline hoops man

Kas Dolphin Park Reopens
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 18:34:20 PM »
Also watching with interest!!!!!

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Kas Dolphin Park Reopens
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 18:37:26 PM »
I have added you both to the group :D

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Kas Dolphin Park Reopens
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 18:46:00 PM »
Me too, poor things can I be added to the group please Nichola, many thanks :)

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
Kas Dolphin Park Reopens
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 19:05:36 PM »
Emails sent "en mass" as per the page request.

Offline cheers

Kas Dolphin Park Reopens
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 20:18:28 PM »
Posted it last week Nichola under Dolphins, asking if anybody had any information.  A couple of people did comment and Eric did forward it to Soo Parr, she obviously already knew.
So glad there is now new information and e mail addresses so that we can take this forward to a new level!

Offline june

Kas Dolphin Park Reopens
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 20:51:39 PM »
Oh goodness poor poor things, has Sule been able to find anything out Nichola?
Xx

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Kas Dolphin Park Reopens
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 21:41:41 PM »
This is the latest development about the dolphins being moved from Bodrum to Kas.

"we got this particular info from the owner of the Bodrum Dolphin Park. We first thought that the dolphins would be wild-caught but at the same suspected of Bodrum Dolphin Park. Then we called the owner of the Bodrum Dolphinarium on the phone "as a customer" to understand what's going on. The owner told us exatly on the phone: "We have moved to Kas and will be opening in 10 days. We shall be expecting you in Kas from now on!" One of our friends in Kas, a journalist, also confirmed the same day that they are opening the dolphinarium again! Unfortunately, this is the situation as we heard from two different sources".

Also re the FB group - the plan was to change the status of the group to public tonight but to because membership has reached more than 250 the status of the group can not be changed.

There are some advantages to this (imo) but what happens next is still being discussed... I will let you know.

karennina - have added you

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
Kas Dolphin Park Reopens
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2011, 22:29:06 PM »
Nichola is adding you and once you are on page feel free to add any useful friends.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf