Author Topic: Kindle books - 8 Martina Cole inc her new one!  (Read 3169 times)

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Kindle books - 8 Martina Cole inc her new one!
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2011, 17:06:42 PM »
Ian it does not recognise the device and i can't find the driver to install the drivers.

Offline lynne

• Birmingham, UK
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2011, 17:24:07 PM »
The books are Close, Dangerous Lady, Faceless, Maura's Game, The Faithless, The Family, The Jump and The Take.

I have emailed all requests - please check you have received them!

I have en route (I hope) all the Sophie Kinsella Shopaholic books so will keep you informed when they are here.

Offline SteveJ

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2011, 18:04:15 PM »
Loz,

Does your tablet appear as a new drive in "My computer" when it's connected to the PC? If so then you will need to download a plugin from the Calibre site before it can be recognised.

If you look in Device Integration (in the FAQ section of the Calibre User guide) there's a list of the devices that Calibre can connect to. There is also help on how to get other (non listed) devices connected.

Once you've got your tablet connected then you may need to convert the files from the email into a format that your tablet will recognise but let's solve this one problem at a time.  :)

Regards,  SteveJ

Offline SteveJ

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2011, 18:14:47 PM »
Lynne,

The idea of having the ebook catalogue was to avoid clogging up CBF with threads that start with "I've got these books if anyone wants them" or "Has anyone got these books that I'm looking for" and then each thread having dozens of posts inside which say "I've email'd you"

To date the catalogue stands at over 13,000 ebooks and seems to be working well. I email'd out 15 ebooks only a half hour ago. I will add your eight books to the catalogue, if you get any more email me the titles and author and I'll add them to the catalogue - simples  :)

Offline SteveJ

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2011, 18:21:12 PM »
Forgot to mention - for anyone interested in the Sophie Kinsella books there are four listed in the catalogue.  Shopholic and Baby, Shopaholic and Sister, Shopaholic takes Manhatten and Shopaholic ties the knot. Send an email to Shrek if you want any of them.

Offline lynne

• Birmingham, UK
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2011, 18:35:50 PM »
No problem at all Steve - I was just conscious this book is new and thought I would draw attention to it.

Offline SteveJ

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2011, 18:47:55 PM »
you have :D

Offline fethiyeflo

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2011, 20:19:09 PM »
thanks lynn they are great just uploaded her new one to my kindle and its all working i must go and look at the e book catalogue now :-)
maybe i can add to it ,would i just open my kindle and pull the books out say to my desktop and then email them ?

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2011, 20:56:31 PM »
thanks Lynne i have received your email

Fethiyeflo - what do I do now to add them to my Kindle starting with where I go from the email, thanks  :)

Offline fethiyeflo

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2011, 21:11:18 PM »
nichola i opened email and dragged the books to my desktop, then i opened calibre and added them, then sent them to my kindle which was plugged into my laptop hope that helped and it was the first time i had ever done it so it was easy xx

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf