Author Topic: Car Chaser (Dog!)  (Read 1961 times)

Offline Just Marian

Car Chaser (Dog!)
« on: January 05, 2012, 06:32:49 AM »
This is really only a mention and I know this is common in Turkey, but there is a dog near to the Animal shelter that sits hidden by the road and springs out and chases vehicles.

It just about gives us a heart attack everytime it bolts out in front of the wheels. It looks to be like a young German Shephard and possibly belongs to the premises next to the Animal shelter.

I'll tell you we have nearly hit it many times, it gets so close to the front wheels.
It tends to disappear for a few days at a time and then just when we think it must be gone, we get complacent and then the ruddy thing comes flying out so quick and we swerve to avoid it - so dangerous!

Just wondered if anyone else noticed it, or does it just like to chase white Fiat Fiorino's !!

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Car Chaser (Dog!)
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 06:55:59 AM »
This was reported to us about 6 months ago, we go to the shelter several times a week and never seen it, will look out again today.

Offline Diverbaz 1

Car Chaser (Dog!)
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 07:30:15 AM »

It has happened to us a couple of times coming away from the shelter and coming back from Uzumlu at night.

Offline Just Marian

Car Chaser (Dog!)
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 08:10:59 AM »
Okay, was only wondering if it was just us it scared the hell out of!

We see a lot of dogs doing the same in Turkey, but it definitely takes the biscuit for being the one that gets as close to the bumper and front wheel as you can get!

As David swerves to avoid it, I usually put my hand over my eyes and say, "Did you hit it?" to which he replies -" No, not this time" !

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Car Chaser (Dog!)
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 08:34:27 AM »
We've seen it once, and friends have too.  So, you aren't the only one Marian.  I hope it gets caught soon, before it gets hurt or causes a nasty accident.

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
Car Chaser (Dog!)
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 08:58:51 AM »
Keep a bottle of water in car and give it a good squirt that stops it after a few times ,but do remember to open your window . ;):D

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Car Chaser (Dog!)
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 11:09:53 AM »
Lance, he is SO fast, you wouldn't get your window open.  There's just enough time to break, swerve and/or scream, and you're past him.

Offline Just Marian

Car Chaser (Dog!)
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2012, 13:31:41 PM »

Yeah, it shoots out very fast and because it crouches down and hides in the ditch, you don't see it coming until it's right in front of the bumper.  

It probably won't be around for very long!!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf