Author Topic: Emulsion paint  (Read 6261 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Emulsion paint
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2012, 13:24:58 PM »
Hi Sus,  these baths are known as Roll Top Baths.  If you are searching for one, this is the best way to find them.

Offline SteveJ

Emulsion paint
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2012, 19:12:55 PM »
How has my enquiry about emulsion paint turned into a discussion about roll top baths???? :D

Offline Sus

Emulsion paint
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2012, 02:51:55 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Jacqui Harvey

Hi Sus,  these baths are known as Roll Top Baths.  If you are searching for one, this is the best way to find them.

Hi Jacqui, No one seems to have them found a few modern ones but not the old type.

Offline Sus

Emulsion paint
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2012, 02:54:41 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by SteveJ

How has my enquiry about emulsion paint turned into a discussion about roll top baths???? :D

:)Because this is CBF plus it has already discussed where Shetland Ponies come from and Loz being a nosy person not sure what they have to do with Emulsion Paint but must be a link there somewhere. :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Emulsion paint
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2012, 09:48:08 AM »
Hi Sus, If you are looking in Turkey or a Muslim country don't think you will find one from what I know using a plug to contain water was not done.
If you are looking in the U.K. you will find lots of antique and second hand roll tops. (antique meaning over 100 years old) In my business I see them being sold and they are cheaper than the reproductions.  The old ones are quite heavy as they were cast iron. Reclaimation yards in the U.K. are the best place to get them, but I would image they would cost quite a lot to ship.
If you print out an image of one from the net and try some Bathroom shops wherever you are, they might be able to source a reproduction for you.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Emulsion paint
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2012, 10:38:08 AM »
Sus, I sent you an email about amonth ago regarding the baths!  The bath you want are available, there was one on show in a shop when we were there, can't remember the name of the shop, it was near to Goksular (B&Q) one of those shops.  

The other thing you can do is order one, bit more expensive but then you are loaded!

When searching for anything in Turkey on the web, type in the address bar www.google.com.tr this will put all Turkish searches first.  As you are looking for baths either type in the search box banyo or kuvet, if you don't want to order take a print of the webpage with the company and one of the shops will get for you plus their commission.

(Read your emails):D ;)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 10:39:02 AM by loz »

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
Emulsion paint
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2012, 13:11:42 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by SteveJ

Quite simple really, I would imagine that if I was re-decorating our bathroom, (with emulsion paint, of course), upon completion there is every chance that Loz would be saying; "Hmmm, I think a nice Roll-Top bath would look nice in here now !!  ;)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 13:12:41 PM by GordonA »

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Emulsion paint
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2012, 13:35:02 PM »
You could not make this up!!  Just had a phone call asking did I want to buy a cast iron roll top bath... I asked him did he want to send it to Turkey, but he was not too keen, so gave him the number of a restoration yard in Aberdeen.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 15:32:20 PM by Jacqui Harvey »

Offline Sus

Emulsion paint
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2012, 05:14:52 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Jacqui Harvey

Hi Sus, If you are looking in Turkey or a Muslim country don't think you will find one from what I know using a plug to contain water was not done.
If you are looking in the U.K. you will find lots of antique and second hand roll tops. (antique meaning over 100 years old) In my business I see them being sold and they are cheaper than the reproductions.  The old ones are quite heavy as they were cast iron. Reclaimation yards in the U.K. are the best place to get them, but I would image they would cost quite a lot to ship.
If you print out an image of one from the net and try some Bathroom shops wherever you are, they might be able to source a reproduction for you.

Hi Jacqui,

Been living in a Muslim country for over twenty years now and have always had a waste plug in my baths and sinks even the modern pop up ones, even got them in my bath and basins in Turkey.

Well Thank the Lord for finding out that Antique means over 100 years, so I am only half an Antique at the moment,so no selling value on me yet. :)

Yes the old Freestanding Roll Tops were heavy, can remember trying to move one when we refurbished an old farm house and we used  :)Emulsion on the walls

Hell fancy that man who contacted you regarding his Freestanding Roll Top not wanting to post it to Turkey for me, now that is what I call mean, what do you do Jacqui are you a  Posh Type of Steptoe and Sons :)

Thanks for your posts and help
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 05:22:10 AM by Sus »

Offline Sus

Emulsion paint
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2012, 05:20:03 AM »
Well I found a company selling the Freestanding Roll Top Baths in Fethiye and by the size of them think they will be around 2cm longer then the width of my bathroom, now that is what I call sods law, right, now back to Emulsion paint and to check my emails in-case bossy Loz has sent me one.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf