Author Topic: Six Nations 2012  (Read 9710 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Six Nations 2012
« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2012, 18:20:52 PM »
That's the problem valleyboy. We give 100% against a team that didn't play well and were still beaten.:(

Offline BM06

Six Nations 2012
« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2012, 20:19:26 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by valleyboy

quote:
Originally posted by BM06

http://www.zazzle.co.uk/snide+tshirts There you go Colwyn, enjoy your shopping  ;):DPS I just love it when people try to correct your grammar and fail ;) makes one feel so superior, what? :)

Yes, must apologise for that, I was a bit p****d, I think I spelled Triple Crown correctly though  ;) :)

Spelled :(   ye gods....... let the fickles eat cake! :o ;)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Six Nations 2012
« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2012, 10:20:22 AM »
This thread has slipped rapiidly from rugby to use of English. First grammar and now - are you disputing "spelled" Bm06? It may be more common in North America but the OED still finds it an acceptable alternative to "spelt" in British English.

Having recently retired from the Punctation Police - I was a member of the elite, armed response, Apostrophe Squad - I suppose we could move to tracking down errant commas, misplaced apostrophes, colons used where semi-colons should be, and such like. But I have a more pressing suggestion. BM06, perhaps you could pop over to the Football forum and introduce them to the two little letters "ly" and the concerp of an adverb; they are still writing things like: "The team did brilliant" over there. Consider this as a missionary challenge.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 10:20:50 AM by Colwyn »

Offline valleyboy

Six Nations 2012
« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2012, 15:22:13 PM »
OK, we'll leave all that rubbish behind now, and maybe focus on the rugby, I think James Haskell has a point in this article about not following through, also I thoroughly agree with him that Owen Farrell is an amazing player with a tremendous future ahead of him !, such a cool head on such young shoulders and 100% commitment, VERY impressive !, obviously from good rugby stock !.  

http://sport.uk.msn.com/blog/james-haskell-blogpost.aspx?post=b23cd916-fff9-4b6e-8eca-06fd28d94548&_nwpt=1

Offline valleyboy

Six Nations 2012
« Reply #74 on: March 10, 2012, 09:52:56 AM »
Well the beer's in the fridge !, looking forward to another 6 Nations week end, should be some good stuff to come :D

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Six Nations 2012
« Reply #75 on: March 10, 2012, 10:54:59 AM »
The first thing is to make sure we don't slip up against italy. After that I'm not sure what I hope for. Should I want England to beat France? Or maybe support France so (Italy willing) there will be a last day shootout in Cardiff. I don't expect thinking will help; I will probabbly get a physical revulsion to supporting the Twickers boys; I doubt I'll be able to do it.

[This only happens in rugby of course. For all other sports I am quite happy to support England against any other team than Wales].
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 12:07:16 PM by Colwyn »

Offline valleyboy

Six Nations 2012
« Reply #76 on: March 10, 2012, 13:19:45 PM »
In all fairness, I don't think we (Wales), have played to our maximum potential yet, falling short by about 20%, so let's hope we can put on a show against Italy, let's show them due respect boys, but let's be ruthless and find that final "edge". Hopefully on then to a "clash of the Titans" in Cardiff for the GS (can't say the words !).

Pob lwc iawn i Gymru!!! :D:D

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Six Nations 2012
« Reply #77 on: March 10, 2012, 14:01:33 PM »
The Italians have a tendency to improve for game per season and win a game. But that won't be today. Will it? Nervously waiting to be delighted (in my red rugby shirt) having fortified myself with a couple of pints of Butty Bach.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 14:02:44 PM by Colwyn »

Offline valleyboy

Six Nations 2012
« Reply #78 on: March 10, 2012, 20:22:32 PM »
Soooo frustrating,just waiting for the "flood gates" to open !, but to be fair great defence Azzuri !  :)

Offline valleyboy

Six Nations 2012
« Reply #79 on: March 11, 2012, 16:53:33 PM »
Well done England !,great game, lots of drama, Tom Croft immense should have had MOM, nice to see Alain (the ego has landed) Roland up to his old tricks again !, never a yellow card, what a prat !  ;):D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf