Author Topic: Charity Bingo Quiz with a difference!  (Read 2164 times)

Offline Pi55y

Charity Bingo Quiz with a difference!
« on: February 15, 2012, 11:24:19 AM »
A charity bingo quiz with a difference is again being held in Calis on 23 February.

Quizmaster and Calis Children's Charity supporter  Steve Tristram is very kindly holding one of his popular Thursday afternoon quizzes for the benefit of the children's charity.

The Quiz will take place on 23 February at 2.00 pm at Cafe Soul restaurant on Calis seafront. Teams are limited to 4 people per team and the entry fee is 2TL per person which will go to the 3C's charity. There is no need to register a team -  just turn up on the day.  There will be a prize for a  winning line, a prize for four corners and a prize for the losers!

In addition to the quiz, there will  be live entertainment. There will also be a raffle of goodies by the 3C's. It will be a great way to spend a Thursday afternoon and help a local charity at the same time so please make a note of the date in your diary.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 22:03:05 PM »
This promises to be an even better afternoon now as Local singer Paul Wynter has agreed to perform for us!!! Yes Good one Ian!!!!

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 05:23:51 AM »
It's forecast to be warm & sunny this afternoon, so why not come down, excercise the braincells, have a laugh & support a good cause[?]
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 05:24:22 AM by Liz 101 »

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 21:28:58 PM »
We would like to say a huge thanks to Steve for hosting the quiz for us today and to Ian from The Kismet Bar who sang for us for free. Both were brilliant. It was a really great day out and helped us to raise around 400TL for the children in our area. I will be posting photo's in the next couple of days so just time to escape Steve. Thank you again to both of you for always supporting out charity. Thanks also to Liz.  Kevin and Mick for the sound system set up and thanks to Tayfun for donating the quiz prizes which were kindly donated back to us and will be used at a later date. Now whats happening tommorow??? LOL x[ ;)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 21:30:17 PM by mercury »

Offline Dizzy Jan

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 05:22:51 AM »
I would like to add my thanks to Steve and Ian for making the afternoon fantastic. Great quiz with brillant music what a great way to raise money for the kids. I would also like to thanks the staff at Cafe Soul for being great hosts and Carole and Tayfun for providing the prizes. Last but no means least thank you to all of you who attended and supported us.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 05:24:21 AM by Dizzy Jan »

Offline kismetbar

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 01:01:22 AM »
So glad it went well and money was raised. Sorry I couldn't be there! Appears everyone had a good time!

Offline Beep

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 14:57:26 PM »
For anyone who missed it here are some pics of the afternoon. Steve's outfit caused quite a few second glances from passers by LOL

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 15:56:56 PM »
Excellent photos Rod. I recognise quite a few people on there. I really think Steve needs to choose a different shade of lipstick next time. x

Offline busybee

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2012, 13:00:58 PM »
Fab afternoon:D

Offline Captain Squiffy

• Mr Permafrost
  • Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2012, 15:35:47 PM »
Again, well done to all. Steve has always been a great supporter of the 3C's and looking at him, now I know that he is completely bonkers but I wouldn't change him for a minute. Thanks again Steve, you are a real brick.

Bye the way, this post is from Captain Squiffy, the first and original, not from the interloper who calls himself/herself "squiffy" on the site.

Steve's quizzes make my Friday Quizzes,2.30.pm at the Eyna, look very small in comparison but please come along and see what they are like.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 15:59:20 PM by Captain Squiffy »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf