Author Topic: greedy thomas cook  (Read 5277 times)

Offline fernando torres

greedy thomas cook
« on: March 20, 2012, 23:15:13 PM »
Thomas cook now have a new rule, however many people on the booking form HAVE to pay for a case whether they need to take one or not adding £32 .
Our friends booked for four days and only needed to add one hold luggage, not possible they had to pay £64 for the two of them

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
greedy thomas cook
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 23:21:05 PM »
Don't worry, they'll go bust soon enough.

Offline grahamturner09

greedy thomas cook
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 23:35:35 PM »
Not before April the 6th I hope.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
greedy thomas cook
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 23:40:35 PM »
They do seem desperate to find ways to cane people to make a couple of quid, it does sound like all the stops have been pulled out in a last attempt at pulling through. I really used to rate them, but now if I am travelling "budget" they are nowhere near as professional or fair as Jet2 or even easyjet - and I didn't imagine I'd ever be saying that.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
greedy thomas cook
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 00:55:04 AM »
I try to avoid T.cook, even if it means me paying more, which i have done this year,even though T.Cook were coming up cheaper,I want to fly with the feeling I am on holiday, not brace myself for the likes of T.Cook, theres more organisation in a packet of crisps, and paying for luggage you dont need is a step too far.:P

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
greedy thomas cook
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 01:14:21 AM »
As I have got older (matured?) I have found that my airline requirements have changed - and the main change is that price isn't king - I simply don't want to do those Thomas Cook flight times anymore. I can hardly remember any occasion in the last 10 years when I didn't arrive at Dalaman at 3am, or indeed find myself sitting in the World's grimmest terminal at 2am waiting for a flight that will get me into Glasgow at 4-30am so I can be on the road, without sleep for 36 hours by half five. By half six I should be firmly embedded in a motorway bridge.

The last Thomas Cook flight back from Dalaman I had I checked in early so was overjoyed to not only get the back row (so no recline past 2") but also the aisle seat which must be 30% narrower than every other seat. I am not slender and I couldn't even sit without the recline button being reclined by my thigh - although thankfully it was only 2". Should giving a big person the smallest seat on the plane not be enough fun for Thomas Cook and friends, any slight possibility of sleep prior to having to drive from the airport at 6am across Scotland was removed by the fact that the back row is also immediately in front of the staff area at the back, where for four hours solid, half the crew loudly slagged off the other half at the front, and talked non-stop in full volume for the entire flight and without any significant pause, about absolute garbage and how their kids were doing at school. One of them said they were told at a recent parents evening that their kid was a bit over chatty apparently. Obviously I did ponder who they may have got that from.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
greedy thomas cook
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2012, 01:24:28 AM »
Really do love your articulation with words, wish I could do that, but bottom line is, T.Cook are sh*te,and having the drive you had. I would gladly pay much more, I remember the earthquake when we were in Marmaris and had to fly home 3 days into our holiday, and had the very same seats that you have just described, if memory serves me well it was row 40, and a nightmare of a flight. 8)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
greedy thomas cook
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2012, 01:43:08 AM »
Maybe I articulate it well Moe but the point is that saving £30 on a flight that takes off at 2am and arrives in the UK at 4am generally means people arriving at their car 20 hours plus after they last slept. Thomas Cook's flight times in both directions are generally sh1te and I no longer want to arrive back in the UK ready to drop, or indeed arrive on holiday at 5am!

We holidayed in Spain last year and arrived in Malaga by 12 and our resort at 1pm, in time to relax for a couple of hours, get the kids ready, go find out where the beach is and enjoy a lazy end to day 1 of holiday 2011. After 11 solid years of Dalaman flights that was a sensational way to spend our first day.

The more I think about Thomas Cook and their Dalaman offerings, the more I wish they would just go bust and leave it to people who actually give a toss about the cargo (us).

Offline DianaJ

greedy thomas cook
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2012, 08:14:21 AM »
Its alright for those of you on the mainland, here in Northern Ireland we dont have much choice its either Thomas Cook or Thompson flights... last October we did go via Stansted with easyjet but was a long haul with 2 kids so I do hope TC dont go bust have 3 lots of flights booked with them for this year as do most of the friends & family who are travelling to Turkey this year.

Offline Marggie

greedy thomas cook
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2012, 09:16:13 AM »
I booked with TC on Saturday 17th and was able to book two cases on outbound flight and one case on inbound flight which is not until July.  Maybe they are not the best but they are the only charter flights to Turkey in the winter.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf