Author Topic: Turkish Will (NOT) success story At Last  (Read 4058 times)

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Turkish Will (NOT) success story At Last
« on: March 24, 2012, 00:03:54 AM »
Turkish Will success story;

I am so pleased to report that as of today 23rd March 2012, after more than 4 long years, our very dear friend has succeeded in obtaining the appropriate certificate from the Peace Court allowing the joint Tapu to be put into her name, that being the last wishes of her husband.

She paid extra to the Court of Justice in trying to resolve the case, the Court of Justice did not understand why matters had escalated, and returned the hearing back to the Peace Court,  After a lengthy hearing, they finally agreed to the Last Will and Testament wishes, &  granted the appropriate certificate.

As you can imagine, our friend is over the moon and very emotional, as are we, to have this matter settled allowing her to move forward.

The lady dealing with the Will is Oksan Palabiyikoglu, she has told our friend that many Lawyers/Notaries are  awaiting the out-come of this case in order to establish the procedures for future clients. Oksan is now fully conversant of exactly what is expected when an expat makes a Turkish Will, and what documents will be required to execute the Will, along with the cost.

Our friend  has very kindly given her permission to enable me to bring this fantastic news into the Public Domain, in the hope that others in a similar position can take strength from it, She would like to thank Oksan for the hard work she has put into her case, the many hours of research, and chasing court judgements.  
Oksan has agreed that her email can be used; oksanpalabiyik@gmail.com

« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 20:07:21 PM by loz »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 00:17:05 AM »
Scandalous as this has been to have taken over 4 years to resolve, it is a relief to finally hear this. Nobody should have to go through anything like this at the worst possible time - the passing of their spouse. Incredibly this could not have happened to a nicer, more gentle and pleasant person than "your friend" and I can only hope that their personal struggle over four years might actually result in nobody having to go through the same again.

Offline Sus

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 03:53:34 AM »
Wonderful news Loz and so pleased for your friend that she can now move forward.

Offline col

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 07:02:28 AM »
Lets hope that from now on, the Turkish system will begin to realise that as non Turkish citizens, our wishes should be carried out with far less hassle. Especially as so many of us had been told in the past that our 'wills' would be recognised. As has been pointed out before, we don't expect the Turkish govt etc to change their inheritance laws, but many of us were told that our 'will's would be adhered to as a non Turkish citizen. We all know through various postings that it seems a waste of time, paperwork and money to have a 'will' drawn up here. Perhaps!!!!! finally, for those of us who do have them, in the near future, it may not have been seem as such a waste of time.....i'm sure we all wait to hear IF there will be a favourable outcome!

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 10:50:47 AM »
Loz that is fantastic news.  Hopefully 'your friend' can now move forward worry free.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 11:07:41 AM »
Great news and hopefully it will make it easier for others in the future.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 12:15:20 PM »
After receiving the news last night we were smiling and excited with relief, I cried for two reasons one being my friend can now move forward.

they had a joint Tapu, the Will stated that everything was to be left to the wife (and vice versa) there was not a problem with 25% of the husbands share going to the wife, it was the remaining 25%.  Although our friend obtained legal Oaths in the UK from her husbands family that they would not be wanting a share of the 25% the Turkish Law Courts stated that they needed to hold this back just in-case another family member was found and wanted a share.   What a shame she had to pay yet another court fee to the Justice Court only to have then throw it back to the Peace Court insisting they deal with it.

We really can not thank Oksan enough for the hard work and research.

Offline Fredfox

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2012, 16:10:16 PM »
Lorraine, thanks so much for explaining the situation so well. I felt that it was better for you to explain as you had so many times in the past, so therefore I felt that you were the best person to inform people of the result.

Thanks again. What lovely comments from everyone.....especially Keith.

Freda xx

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2012, 16:47:46 PM »
There goes your anonymity Freda! We are delighted to hear your news and hope our paths will cross again.

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2012, 20:13:38 PM »
Hi Freda,

Wonderful news, delighted that it is settled at last
know how difficult it has been for you.

Thinking of you,

Love G & I [:X] :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf