Author Topic: Apple Supplier In Turley Sacking Workers  (Read 2642 times)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Apple Supplier In Turley Sacking Workers
« on: March 28, 2012, 11:55:42 AM »
I've just signed a petition hosted by the International Labor Rights Forum about worker exploitation at an Apple supplier in Turkey.  No not the almer type that you eat, but the electronic goods company. Please take a look at what this is about using this link http://www.laborrights.org/trexta  and perhaps join me in signing the petition.  Thanks for taking time to read the article in the link.

Offline starman™

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 12:16:27 PM »
First of all what is an Almer?
Also there is nothing mentioned about the other companies (Blackberry, Samsung, Canon, Motorola, and Dell) that this company supplies to? Why are they just picking on Apple or is it because they have the largest bank account?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 12:34:33 PM »
Don't be naive Starman, Apple bashing is a national sport of ours, I've never even heard of Samsung bashing or Motorola bashing...

Offline starman™

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 13:11:06 PM »
you mean apple scrumping?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 13:23:15 PM »
I think it's the modern day equivalent of that

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 13:40:28 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by starmanTM

First of all what is an Almer?
Also there is nothing mentioned about the other companies (Blackberry, Samsung, Canon, Motorola, and Dell) that this company supplies to? Why are they just picking on Apple or is it because they have the largest bank account?

Yer rubbish Turkish spelling, it should have been elma, still at least in spelling terms it was directionally correct ;)

I think you'll see the point made in the article is that where as other world 'brands' like Nokia have acknowledged the issue with this supplier, and are addressing it in someway, Apple Corp. would appear to be dodging their responsibilities in this matter.  Personally I don't have a particular issue with Apple, and really couldn't care less which organisation or brand it is, but I do care about the exploitation of vulnerable workers in the world, and hold with the old maxim that an injury to any worker in the world is an injury to all.

Offline FrankStanley

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 13:55:25 PM »
Is this Almer in Turley?

Offline Steve A

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 14:03:42 PM »
Almer is a village in Dorset, England located on the A31 road near Winterborne Zelston, Huish Manor, Sturminster Marshall and opposite the Drax estate. The main features of the village are Almer Manor, Almer Parish church and the old school house. The school was co-educational and was opened in 1925 and closed in 1954 with the Almer School Honors tablet now being kept in Winterborne Zelston village hall.

Offline starman™

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2012, 14:51:20 PM »
Is Almer anywhere near the famous Dorset villages of Piddlehinton or sh1tterton or does it just have the river piddle going through it?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 14:51:43 PM by starmanâ„¢ »

Offline Steve A

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2012, 16:17:20 PM »
Piddleton   
A hybrid name to describe Prince William and Kate Middleton, just like Brangelina describes Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. Piddleton is generally used by people who want to take some of the starch out of the Royals.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf