Author Topic: Sharing My Old Fethiye Photos  (Read 2201 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Sharing My Old Fethiye Photos
« on: March 28, 2012, 18:40:27 PM »
Having put together 25 centuries of Fethiye in photos, I still have lots of photos of Fethiye, Olu Deniz and Calis left over. As I have never seen most of them on the internet ever, I decided it was time to show them off and let people who share my fascination with the history and development of the area see what I have collected over the years.

I'll try and add something new every week or two - so if you are interested, the first page is Karagozler and the marinas from the boatyard area - comparing how things looked in 1997 with 2010.

If you are interested it is here: http://www.fethiye.co.uk/news/54/156-fethiye-old-photos-paintings-and-images-randoms.html

Offline ovacikman

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 07:36:07 AM »
Fantastic. Keep em coming.Cant get enough of the areas history.Many thanks.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 11:03:32 AM »
I've added a new old one at the above link - Fethiye Centre & Sovalye Island (if anyone is vaguely interested!)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 11:21:17 AM »
Clearly building on the island involved certain challenges with associated costs and I'd be interested to know what the building costs were in relation to the purchase prices.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 14:11:52 PM »
I think the biggest non-standard cost is obviously transportation of materials to the island, but that can't begin to explain the purchase prices. The last piece of land I saw for sale (big enough to build a villa on) was around 440,000 Euros as I recall. The latest villa to be built (and it may actually be on the land mentioned) is up for sale for 1,000,000 euros. I doubt shipping materials by boat caused that sort of mark up  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf