Author Topic: Thomas Cook  (Read 1863 times)

Offline keng38

• Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow
Thomas Cook
« on: March 31, 2012, 12:28:50 PM »
Are currently offering flights from dalaman to uk for £20 (19th april)
Historically I have always found that prices for Manchester to dalaman have always been cheaper than the return flight back.
It now looks like the return flights are cheaper.
Without sounding cynical, is this a last ditch attempt at keeping the company going before it sinks? (get the cash in - don't worry about getting the customers home).
Does anyone know the best way (without using credit cards) to ensure that if a company goes bust you don't lose your money?

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Thomas Cook
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 13:37:31 PM »
I think you can take out failure insurance now and indeed my renewed anual travel insurance company have just added it to my policy. I'm sure you will be able to by stand alone cover if you cannot get covered or do not trust TC.

Interestingly there was an article in the Mail this week about TC and their figures for 2011/12.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/markets/article-2121484/Thomas-Cook-boosted-TV-advert-playing-rock-cover-Louis-Armstrongs-Wonderful-World.html
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 13:41:40 PM by stoop »

Offline keng38

• Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow
Thomas Cook
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 18:06:34 PM »
I think I shall check my insurance first before I book.
I can't even get to the airport for £20 lol

Offline IanK

Thomas Cook
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 13:16:05 PM »
I don't think that's unusual - I've noticed that in the first week of the airlines season the return flights are very cheap  - I guess because there are very few people wanting to come home a day or two after flying out - the reverse seems to occur in the last week of the season.

Ian

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
Thomas Cook
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 16:19:44 PM »
Ive no concerns about the price of the seats....just go for it! We got seats with EJ last year for about £18 and FTC quite often do this. its just about being on the ball and ready to get then when they advertise them at this price.   and having had two airlines go bust on me in the last two years, I have always managed to get my money back.....firstly when Turkish Cyprus airlines went, got my money back on my debit card...last year when Aegean went, got the money back from Atol.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf