Author Topic: Step1 - Our UK house is on the market!  (Read 12904 times)

Offline Janice1971

Step1 - Our UK house is on the market!
« on: May 07, 2012, 16:07:15 PM »
Let the fun begin!  Only one other thing to do, break the news to the parents, the stuff is going to hit the fan in large amounts! :-\

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 16:32:38 PM »
Decision made then. Good luck x

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 18:36:11 PM »
Good luck Janice.
Hope all goes well for you this time.

Offline Janice1971

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 19:44:31 PM »
Well put it like this, there will be NO business involved this time, just hoping for a simple, quiet, enjoyable life, no mortgage and just time with the family! (how muh trouble can we get in just doing that!?  ;))

Offline happy_flyer

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 22:27:43 PM »
Our house is on the market now ,in fact it is sold subject to contract and just waiting for the completion date and then we can book our one way flights.HE HE
We too are getting very very excited so we wish you all the very best for the future.

Good luck.

Offline Janice1971

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 10:18:35 AM »
Broke the news to the parents last night and to say the brown stuff has his the fan is an understatement, they have put so many negative thoughts into my head that Im a nervous wreck, mainly about my daughters, how are they going to cope, is the schooling good enough, what if my hubby cant find work, taking them to a completely alien environment, i am so confused, life here is so difficult, we both work and are so tired that we dont get to do many nice things with the kids, not that we have any spare cash to do much anyway, Im just so bored of this lifestyle that we have, what our plan was was to buy a little place in Turkey and be mortgage free and have a simple happy life, your thoughts and views would be greatly appreciated! :(

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 11:23:51 AM »
My immediate thought is to rent  your house and rent in Turkey, then nothing's broken if it doesn't work out.
I'm sure you'd have more support from family too if they think it's a trial and they will come round to the idea once they see it's all working out and the girls are fine.
as much as I love living here I like the security of having somewhere to go back to if anything changes.

A big fat crystal ball would be good if anyone has one to spare!
a lot of people say the education is better and from what I've seen while out with 3c's at schools the discipline, behavious and respect in school is far better

Good luck Janice, I know how hard it is and I didn't have children to bring, it's a huge decision.

don't just follow your heart, have every angle covered and your family will see that you've thought about all the ifs and ands.

Offline Janice1971

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 11:44:04 AM »
Yes that is an option I suppose, it would give us a bit of an income but we wouldnt have the money to play with if we dont sell the house, the trouble is we have already lived in Turkey and were forced back because of our business going down, the parents were there and saw what a nightmare we had, however 90% of our experience was lovely, I just want to do the right thing for my girls, is there a general website that lists properties to rent in Turkey?

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2012, 12:42:28 PM »
land of lights have some, but often out of date, Sahibinden is good, some of the big sales companies also have rentals, but most are shorter term holiday rental but should be enough to give you an idea of prices

Offline Old Daffodil

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2012, 22:57:34 PM »
What will you do once you have spent the money that you may make on the house in England?You say that you do not have a lot of money to take the children out in England but there are plenty of free parks,library actvities,nice walks and you have grandparents to visit.I am a pensioner and do a lot with my grandchildren that does not cost me a lot.
You will still have to pay for gas, electricity,rental,food,medical expenses, school,clothes,food travelling,telephone.Electricity has increased by 18per cent recently and gas by 9per cent I believe,not sure on that one. Decent meat is expensive and food generally is dearer than when you were last living in Turkey. I am sorry but I find your attitude rather niave,charming but niave. Not my business to comment on your decisions but I can see why your parents are worried. I would feel the same,especially as you have young children. It is the beginning of the season and there will be work for about five months and then everything goes quiet and the jobs disappear.It is tough in England to bring up a family on a low income but Turkey is no bed of roses either and there is not welfare system when you are broke. Sorry to say these things but I have seen girls who have tried coping in Turkey really go through very  difficult times.Some carry on claiming their family allowance even though they are not resident in Britain and still struggle each week. If your husbands family are comfortably off then it is different but if he is a seasonal worker I would not expect an easy time out there. Good luck if you do go though,just keep your passports up to date and go with a grasp of reality.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 23:43:47 PM by Daffodil »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf