Author Topic: Monarch check-in  (Read 5056 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Monarch check-in
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2012, 17:50:02 PM »
Already booked my seats HM  :)

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2012, 01:11:33 AM »
Theres no point checking in online unless you want to pay the 6Euro charge to book a seat
There's no point booking a flight unless you want to pay the 200 quid that it costs!!

Offline Carolyn1957

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2012, 07:43:02 AM »
I did the online check-in a few weeks ago on a return flight to the UK. When I got to Dalaman the queue for the flight was enormous. I bypassed the queue and went straight to online check-in express bag drop off. The rep waiting there said I was the only one who had checked in online so far and it certainly saved me a lot of time and standing in a queue so I dumped my bags and went and had a leisurely coffee before going through security.

I don't think you can actually check in for your return flight until after the first flight has been completed in any event - I only went for one week but still had to wait a couple of days before checking in for the flight back down to Dalaman.

Each to his own, but I thought it was well worth it. As were the extra  legroom seats I had pre-booked as a treat as I was flying alone!

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2012, 10:07:28 AM »
My point was that if the only way you can check in online is by spending an extra 6 euro + per person then I am ok queuing as there are 4 of us. There are no 'free' online check in options and I have yet to be split up with seats when checking in.  Having said that - when the two of us travel without the boys I would definitely consider the advice from Carolyn.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2012, 12:21:46 PM »
Carolyn,

I'll try and check in both legs just before we go and see what happens. If you can only do one at a time then I'll have to see if I can borrow a printer in Calis and check in there for the home leg - especially if as you say - you can bypass the massive queues  :)

Sounds to me like it's definitely worth the extra effort  :)

Offline kenkay

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2012, 23:20:22 PM »
Stu, If your return flight falls within the 18 days you can pre-book and check in both ways. I'm still not sure of the value at Dalaman. Like you I have the same problem of being minus a printer at Violet.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2012, 23:47:22 PM »
I only book one-way, then return when I have had enough, I book my flight home, go to the internet cafe or bar with printer, complete check-in online and print the docs. never had a problem.  Agree with Carolyn the on-line check-in desk at Dalaman is speedy and usually no queue. 
The only problem I have with Monarch is their ambiguous website wording.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2012, 18:39:04 PM »
We booked in on line 2 weeks ago and took our luggage top the express drop off. However they said that we couldnt do that and had to queue anyway. It wasnt a long wait but pointless downloading the boarding cards.

Offline kenkay

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2012, 00:14:41 AM »
I just checked with our Joanne (Works for Monarch as a No2 in cabin crew) about the Dalaman express check in service. She informed me that you do it via the Monarch Vantage Club check in desk. She and her family did it a week ago and proceeded straight to security and then airside.
I must admit that I didn't know that the facility existed at Dalaman.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2012, 10:51:57 AM »
Cheers Ken! Must try and check in both flights next week.

:)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf