Author Topic: Work this one out .. Monarch flight Saturday  (Read 5698 times)

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Re: Work this one out .. Monarch flight Saturday
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2012, 09:02:36 AM »
I e mailed them via the link that they showed on the delay letter that we were given and received a mail this morning to say that they are reimbursing my £11.98 prebooking fee. With it was an apology but no explanation.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2012, 09:24:51 AM »
Will do that today. Better than nothing I guess. Did you book extra legroom?

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2012, 11:55:18 AM »
Will do that today. Better than nothing I guess. Did you book extra legroom?
No just a window and adjacent seat a few rows in front of the wings.

Offline Tineathers

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2012, 19:56:04 PM »
We were also on the delayed flight.We had checked in on-line and went through the check-in procedure in the quickest time ever at Dalaman only to be on the later flight.Oh well, you can't win em all! Hubby has also e-mailed them so we may get some money back.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2012, 23:45:20 PM »
Annoying thing is the early flight was already in and they could easily have put our cases on and let us board.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2012, 07:26:20 AM »
Well I eventually got a reply - after chasing them up again as they didn't keep tHeir promise of a reply within 28 days! Apology. Explanation? No refund of my pre-booked seating - so another email sent off:

Dear Mr Groom,

Thank you for your email regarding your flight with Monarch.

I am sorry for the delay you experienced and the obvious inconvenience this caused.

We do of course try to avoid delaying our passengers but, as with all airlines, problems do occur from time to time and safety is always our number one priority.  However, I agree that it is the way we manage these delays that affects the passengers’ experience.  You are correct in that we were experiencing staff shortages, which was due to unprecedented levels of sickness.

I do realise how important it is to keep people informed when there are changes to the flight schedule.  Our agents do their very best to tell passengers as much as possible about the delay and I am sorry if the service you received on this occasion was below your expectations. We take full responsibility for our service provider not delivering the standard of care that our passengers deserve. This shortfall in service has been addressed in order to determine why this occurred and to mitigate the risk of this happening in the future.

Kind regards

Kathleen. Hannon

Offline Tineathers

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2012, 12:52:08 PM »
We also had to chase them because they didn't reply to the 28 day deadline & we got £11.98 refunded on the 19th October. I think they hope you will have forgotten after a month (must admit I had until hubby remembered)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2012, 13:58:29 PM »
Another email gone off!

Offline amca

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2012, 08:00:26 AM »
If a passenger inconveniences an airline then the passenger is penalised.
For example, name changes, not checking in on time, cabin baggage too big or too heavy and cancellation has a fee attached.
You might say that this is fair enough because rules is rules.
On the other hand, if an airline inconveniences a passenger then similar penalties are not applied.
For example, flight times rescheduled by 11hours 59 minutes are not considered as major and therefore no compensation.
In this Monarch instance, I read that money for a service not given will be refunded but that should be an automatic response from the airline and not one which has to be applied for with the passenger having to be further inconvenienced.

Airlines get away with treating us like mugs and we keep giving them our custom .... me included, unfortunately.

Rant over.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2012, 20:14:58 PM »
we had a similar thing happen on our early morning Saturday Monarch flight, we arrived to check in and saw people were being handed a letter as they checked in, once it was our turn to check in we were told our flight number had now changed handed the letter which said to be sure to watch the monitors regularly as the two Monarch flights would be taking off at the same time and could still be subject to change.Wrong!! The original flight number that we would have been on was at the gate and I think it took off about 10 mins earlier then scheduled, the new flight with the number change was not at the gate and I just thought oh no it is going to be hours sitting here, I was so tired and just wanted to get my seat on the plane and have a sleep. Fortunately a plane did rock up quite soon and I think the delay was only around 40 to 50m minutes, I was suprised to hear the captain announce it would be a 4 hour 35 minute flight I know it is longer back but never heard of a flight from Dalaman to Gatwick taking that long :( 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf