Author Topic: INTRODUCTION  (Read 2207 times)

Offline Demanbro

INTRODUCTION
« on: May 13, 2005, 08:53:07 AM »
Hi Readers

Just a quick message to say to all people that if you are thinking of living in Turkey GO FOR IT we all ask lots of questions and as by our nature we tent to look at every little detail, and in the end talk our selves out of doing anything.

I have been going to Turkey for a number of years and have property out there. I have a son aged 11 years and I have been with my wife for 33 years [without a medal] we are moving over in a couple of months full time and will be opening a sort of club that we can all meet in [sorry not a disco or a drinking hole] so we can all help each other.

Let me know your thoughts and how you would like to see the club undertaken. I will be undertaking property surveys to help people find the right home at the right value and my wife Elaine will be helping with Teaching. 8)

Off to work now drop me line I know Turkey very well.

Regards to all and enjoy Turkey and its people [the greatest place on earth]I have worked all over the world and its true.

James   [UK]

Professor James Demanbro   [soon in Calis]

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
INTRODUCTION
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2005, 09:39:36 AM »
Welcome to the forum James
Anne

Offline Steve B

• The Hairy Branflake
INTRODUCTION
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2005, 09:51:19 AM »
Hi James and welcome.

I would like to see Bingo and pole dancers at your club.

All the best

Steve.

Offline kanga

INTRODUCTION
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2005, 10:23:55 AM »
welcome to the forum,
kanga

Offline canalman

• Aged Headbanger
INTRODUCTION
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2005, 10:34:49 AM »
Welcome to the forum, James, and congratulations on your forthcoming move.
Pete

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
INTRODUCTION
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2005, 11:23:14 AM »
greeting james,wow you have gone for it, well done!
p.s. where will the club be[?]

Offline Demanbro

INTRODUCTION
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2005, 14:24:48 PM »
Hi Anne, Kanga, Canalman, Puma and Steve B.
Thank you for your welcoming messages.

First I would like to answer Steve B. Yes Steve it would be nice for some to have a bingo hall and pole dancer's, maybe the bingo prizes could be whips thongs drugs and so on,  but I think most of use would want a little better than that. I am not an old fart, I have been there read the book wore the T shirt and stared in the films. Not a dig at you Steve I do not have the right to judge anyone and I should think you are a great guy to hit the road with.

On a serious note, if we support this kind of thing and introduce the same into other cultures we are undermining the very thing most of us are trying to except from.

Turkey offer's so much as do the people, it is very romantic and full of charm, the people  
[if you really get to know them] are the kindest people I have ever met.

I ride in the mountains and have always been invited into the homes of the mountain people and without fail food and drink has been provided, along with long evenings sitting watching the sunset, singing along with the music, the children with so much respect for their families and visitors puts ours to shame..

You look into there eyes and you see the depth of there souls, warm sparkling eyes almost childlike. The old lady gripping your hand so tight as if not wanting you to go, and on you kissing her hand, she strokes your head and say's peace be with you. Magic pure Magic.

Another example. my son befriended some local children and helped them sell candy floss along the beaches, he never had so much fun, playing volley ball and football on the beach and visiting their homes, did I have to worry about him, No ! he was in the best of hands [Turkish] believe me I am over protective of him.

When we were leaving to go back to the Uk a group of children turned up, each giving us a present to take home, there little feet with no shoes and worn cloths it broke my heart, I tried to give them money and they all said "No gift for you" these children work the streets and put all the money into a family collection pot and the summer season is all they have to earn money to last the year.

Many children and families come in from miles away, some travel from the borders in the east to earn money in the summer as the farms are not producing due to increases in running costs so have a heart when you see them.
Just so much to write about and I hope one day to find the time to do so.

TO THE POINT.
The "club" our intention is to have a place for us to meet and chat and for us all to help each other in a new country. At the same time we have so much we can offer the Turkish people and we feel it is right that we do so, it is paradise and we should all thank the Turkish people for letting us be there, it is a privilege. I for one would not wish to turn it into another Spain
        [please do not shame us Brits most of us are good people]

Peace be with all of you.  James.

Offline Demanbro

INTRODUCTION
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2005, 14:28:55 PM »
Sorry everyone I mean [Escape from] not except from OOPS

James [not so clever today]

Offline Steve B

• The Hairy Branflake
INTRODUCTION
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2005, 16:41:25 PM »
Here here James.

That was possibly the most touching post I've ever read on here and I know exactly what you mean Sir. I do think that most people on the this website have the upmost respect for Turkey, its culture and its people. I'm sure that if anybody did step out of line, I would like to think they would be told in no uncertain terms.

Best of luck James you sound like a decent Man.

Steve.

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
INTRODUCTION
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2005, 16:57:39 PM »
please give this man a round of applause  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf