Author Topic: Are your wills ready?  (Read 16859 times)

Offline Eric

Re: Are your wills ready?
« Reply #110 on: January 31, 2013, 12:40:07 PM »
What, no answer?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #111 on: January 31, 2013, 13:08:46 PM »
I think this topic is now going round in circles. Ytokgoz and Loz will not be agreeing any decade soon and in fairness Loz knows far better than most of us Brits how these things work in practice and I fear that Yusuf has been a little let down by his lawyer friend. This sort of idea (free legal advice on websites) is excellent in theory but in my experience always goes the same way - everyone thinks it is a brilliant idea but in practice I have never seen it work.

Private legal matters and public discussion, a risky mix.

Loz knows what she would do and advise and I doubt will be swayed. Yusuf isn't a lawyer and isn't offering anything other than a link to free advice. I suggest we put this to bed and if they want to carry on via email or letter bomb, they can   ;)

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #112 on: January 31, 2013, 14:29:54 PM »
Agree it is really the only thing to do unless of course there is a concise response or answer from the Lawyer which can be added if and when.  Yet I personally think that the original poster does not post more links to the free lawyer, most lawyer will give a free initial appointment with a view to picking up future business.  unfortunately this one has not proved himself.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #113 on: January 31, 2013, 14:33:35 PM »
If I receive a response and all parties are in agreement I will add it to the bottom of the topic. For now we are done and dusted, topic will be locked (not deleted, not censored  ;) )

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #114 on: February 02, 2013, 20:55:00 PM »
Replies sent to admin from members who have contributed already will be added as requested and the topic remains locked. ytokgoz has requested the following reply be added...

"

"To LOZ; I appreciate you/ or the people you know have suffered because of wills and and long bureucy of Turkish law systems, which is always so slow. When I put the post out there my intention was to bring the importance of the wills and to promote my FREE website which I think many people would benefit.as i say this is a free service and the idea is to offer foreigners a free service to market their properties, get free answers to their legal question, or to learn about turkish mortgages . I am getting very good feedback from people who let their property or sold their properties from my website or who got an answer to the legal matters which they had their mind. I have never said about the will and the procedure would be easy or cheap and never involved with the costs. I appreciate it would be a lengthy and costly procedure, but my point was from the beginning to the end , regardless your advice  I still would state that people should seek  legal advice regarding their wills and other legal matters. THEY SHOULD NOT DO POWER OF ATTORNEY as it is not legal and consequence could be worse "

"To QUACKERS; I have got no idea what your email is about, as we have not received it and even I tried to send an email regarding your question; if you could send it again , I have got no response, It makes me think if you really sent an email in the first place? I am saying again; if you have sent an email please send it again and  I will personally make sure you will get the answer and I am sorry if we didnt received your email if you really did send the email."

"To ERIC; I have got no ideas what your issue is but I am afraid I dont live on CBF all the time , even I wish I could spend more time on it, because I believe I am one of the / or only one  Turkish member of the site who posts regularly. We are not clouding any issues, plus we do our best to make things clear; but it is up to individuals to how much they want to  understand and see. Regarding your question; unfortunately every single case is individual in Turkish law and every judge practice could be different which would make the costs vary. For example one judge could ask for more paperwork from UK and the other one could be satisfied with the papers provided . I know this from personally my self because I used to be a sworn translator in fethiye and join the courts to translate british people things."

The last word is ; I am not an enemy neither I have financial benefit from this website. It is up to individualls if they want to market their property for free on this website or not, if they want to ask for free legal advice or not. I am really happy that many people let /sold their properties from my website or found a satisfying answer to their legal questions.
You may all wonder why I have designed a website for the benefit of people; this is the link where you can read it your self ; http://www.propertyandturkey.com/about-us.php
but as Scunner said people dont appreciate FREE services no matter how good they are, but I will continue doing what I know right with the people who appreciate it.

Thank You
Yusuf Tokgoz"

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf