Author Topic: Work next to Club E  (Read 3743 times)

Offline hotlips

• Stupid is as stupid does
Work next to Club E
« on: January 28, 2013, 19:07:41 PM »
I have been noticing that the canal next to Club E in Calis has been cleaned and the surrounding reeds etc have been cleared lately. Today though there were diggers there and the entrance to Club E (opp end to new bridge) has changed and that the diggers etc have placed a lot of hardcore next to the canal and have built a rough road next to it. Does anyone know if this is in connection somehow to the new prom? If not what?

You can now see the 'old' bridge that we used to use a few years ago before they fenced off the area, so I wonder if that is coming back to life?

Don't suppose there is anywhere you can view the promenade plans in Fethiye, it would be so nice to know what is planned.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Re: Work next to Club E
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 09:27:33 AM »
Yes this does sound an interesting development, particularly if it is related to the connection of the new promenade into Calis.  I'd also be interested to hear what the work is for, so if anyone does have access to the information that would be most welcome.

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 14:52:32 PM »
ooh yes very interesting! Especially for those of us with an interest in that end of town! Please local folk keep us posted! Tinkx get your camera out matey!

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 15:21:57 PM »
The area behind the tennis courts has also been cleared in the last few days, with all the debris being left on the opposite corner heading towards the Aquapark

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 17:14:09 PM »
I think they are just putting a new road in around the back of Club E gardens to connect to the canal road, the gardens incidently do not belong to club e, its public land  :)

Offline IanK

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 17:32:38 PM »
Whilst not  directly related to what's going on at Club E, I noticed there are a few pictures of the progres on the prom on the Fethiye Times site here....

http://www.fethiyetimes.com/news/44-news/7214-final-phase-of-fethiye-promenade-under-construction-in-pictures.html

Ian

Offline onefurtheroad

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 23:08:00 PM »
Thanks Ian. The Fethiye Times article refers to this piece of work as the final part of the promenade! I thought there was to be another part, part 4, that connected the new prom with the calis prom??? Just now the new works appear to come to a stop in front of the Devlet hospital. Anyone any ideas?

Offline grizabella

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 20:00:56 PM »
I think it will be very difficult to actually continue the new promenade past the Devlet.This is because of the bird sanctuary that runs from almost there to the back entrance of Club E.People will have to come off the promenade at the Devlet walk a few hundred yards to get to a turning on the left which will take you down to the fence bordering the bird sancturay.By following this fence you will reach Club E and then a dawdle to get to Calış Prom.Simples!

Offline Guy

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2013, 20:10:37 PM »
I did read somewhere that another foot bridge might be build over the canal entrance so that the beach prom would be connected to the new prom.

........but I am also hearing that the new prom might not extend past the new marina which wouldn't be good news.

Offline maximumtom

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2013, 10:17:57 AM »
The old bridge behind Club E has now been demolished.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf