Author Topic: Burger King in Calis?  (Read 13157 times)

Offline Miss.M

Burger King in Calis?
« on: March 06, 2013, 21:05:23 PM »
I was on facebook last night, and a friend who has worked at one of the bars mentioned he was going to be working at Burger King. First training etc. at the one in Fethiye, but once one is built (next to Kipa I believe) he will be transferred there as it's closer to his home.

Has anyone heard of this or seen anything being done around this area? Surely one in the region is enough!

Offline grizabella

Re: Burger King in Calis?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 21:15:36 PM »
There have been signs up advertising a Burger King to be built at the new Kıpa and work has started at the road side of the building so this could be what you are on about.It had to happen,either them,MacDonalds or Pizza Pizza could have got the franchise.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 21:18:29 PM »
Surely one in the region is enough!

Like the number of Kebab shops, or cafes doing Full English Breakfasts, are limited ?  ;)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 21:25:00 PM »
we would probably use it to be honest, our last few trips  we havn't wanted to go out every night (the novelty of that wore off a good few years ago) so will be handy to have another take away place to choose from, our last visits seem to have consisted of pizza delivery,chinese delivery or cooking in and just two or three  meals out..... 

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 21:55:51 PM »
The first Burger King has been a success. I am therefore surprised that a second one hasn't opened next door :D

Offline Miss.M

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 00:01:16 AM »
Surely one in the region is enough!

Like the number of Kebab shops, or cafes doing Full English Breakfasts, are limited ?   ;)

I tend to notice franchises more than cafes, and I'm not much a Full English Breakfast eater either   :) Could be because I see so many Burger Kings, McDonalds etc. at home and at my uni town, that I half expect to not see them on holiday (odd thinking I know!)

I can understand your point of view Karennina, perhaps it'll take the family a good few more years before we stop going out to eat every night  :D

Does anyone else completely avoid franchise take away places on holiday or welcome them as a break half way through?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Burger King in Calis?
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 00:37:55 AM »
We avoid nothing at all, I think people who make rules about where they will and won't eat on holiday misunderstand what a holiday is about    :)

We will definitely have a full English breakfast on holiday, a decent Indian one night (if there is one, obviously we never have on holiday in Calis/Fethiye) a decent Chinese and who knows, even fish and chips. We'll have plenty of local food too. We don't often go to McDonalds or Burger King here so there is no great call to go when on holiday for a week. I certainly wouldn't have any problems going though.

It is a very British thing, pointing the finger at our fellow country folk who travel abroad and want pie and mash. Italian restaurants in my birthplace of Bedfordshire are full of Italians and nobody thinks "why don't they put the pasta behind them and go embrace their adopted culture with a Shepherd's Pie".

You're on holiday, eat what you like, where you like. God help anyone who goes on holiday for a fortnight and has to have 14 lunches and 14 dinners all from the country they happen to be in.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 01:03:39 AM by Scunner »

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2013, 00:58:22 AM »
Well said Boss, everyone is, by definition, an individual, & should enjoy their time, on vacation, how they like. Do not get drawn by those who think that one should embrace the food culture of the country in which they are holidaying, & if one prefers 'Meat & 2 Veg', Fish & Chips, Burger King, etc. etc. etc. , HAVE IT !!   :P ;D

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2013, 04:53:56 AM »
It's about choice for the local population too. I don't go to BK very often, just for an occasional treat. I would say that every time I have been in there, it has been full of Turkish youngsters.

Who are we, as guests in the country to say what the locals should / should not have?

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2013, 05:21:39 AM »
How about
Starbucks, Subway & KFC?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf