Author Topic: adsl  (Read 2416 times)

Offline davybill

Re: adsl
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2013, 17:35:17 PM »
i believe you can suspend it when your in the uk

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2013, 19:07:58 PM »
Surely the way to go would be a payg phone & a dongle for the internet, nothing else would be viable for only 4 weeks, would it?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2013, 19:46:22 PM »
There are some fairly reasonable overseas packages with the UK providers these days (although the EU countries ones are normally far more impressive than the non-EU ones). I pay £3.50 a day when abroad (in EU) and take my UK deal with me - so calling UK from Portugal is nothing while I am still inside my 500 free minutes per month - even though I am calling from abroad. Same with my 500mb of data - no extra charge when I am in Europe.

For Turkey I think it is a fiver a day for data only - far better than the old days of straight roaming and the charges that brought - especially when you combine it with free wifi bars etc.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
adsl
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2013, 19:14:52 PM »
I hope to have placed the final jigsaw piece into my Internet battle with TTnet today. Yet again we found ourselves sitting in their Fethiye H.Q. We sat in front of an advisor who asked what we wanted, I want to upgrade my Internet service please, she said, you have unlimited Internet, I said, but you keep slowing my speed, she then spent 10 minutes replying to emails and talking on her mobile telephone, then she said, your connection might be the problem! As I was about to launch into the details on how my connection was new and perfect, she interrupted and said, It's my lunch hour. We got that 'bum's rush' feeling and left the building.

We returned at 1.20, ten minutes before they resumed business, we thought we had a cunning plan to get ourselves in front of our customer services advisor and resume where we had left off, we walked past the security guard who was chatting to a couple of his mates, he quickly followed us into the building and told us that we must wait outside, nobody was allowed inside until 1.30, he then went back and resumed his chat, we waited on the steps as lots of people walked past us into the building, at 1.29 I went inside to find I was 15th in the queue!

Our hopes of seeing the original advisor evaporated and sure enough when our ticket was called we had to start again with a new advisor, once again we went through the scenarios, you already have unlimited, where is your modem placed, your cable is a problem,  is your computer old! Eventually, he said they had a package called 8 Limitsiz, the benefit of this package being truly unlimited and they never 'throttle' your connection speed, Hallelujah I thought, then oh sh*t when he told me it will cost me 104 lira per month, anyway, what the hell, it's only money and we will wait and see !

Offline Marggie

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2013, 20:39:59 PM »
Pinched this as thought it may be of some value to people who are experiencing poor speeds.

My download speed sank right down to under 300 kbps. My wife prepared a letter of complaint and took it to the consumer court. They phoned the head man at TurkTelekom and told him we were coming over to see him and he had two days to satisfy our needs otherwise they would enter our case into the system.

Over the next two days you couldn't move outside our property for vans, trucks and men up the poles. They renewed cables and tinkered with everything they could lay their hands on. Result, 3.3mbps and fast downloads. A week later it's starting to wane and is down to 2.2mbps and slowing down again. The guy that seemed to be in charge of the gang told us that between them TT & TTNet have paid out over one hundred million TL in compensation.

The only way to get anywhere with them is brute force. We are going for compensation as well now.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf