Author Topic: Dogs being gathered up and dumped in the country?? Warning to dog owners.  (Read 6773 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
There is a piece on T.A. saying dogs have been gathered up and taken away from Oludeniz. :o :(
This part of the piece.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We have a very bad situation down here at the moment. The Oludeniz belediye decided (in their wonderful wisdom) to round up the street dogs in Olu (despite many having ear tags and ALL being looked after regularly by locals and businesses), they took them to the shelter - who turned them away as they said they had come with no food. The belediye then dumped them 'spmewhere near Uzumlu' (direct quote). When locals found the dogs had gone, they went through (and are still going through) a wall of lies, stories, false information and counter lies from everyone involved. We are STILL looking for the dogs and STILL being lied to. The main dog is Sultan, who is known and adored by everyone. We hope that IF we can find her we can find all of them. We are talking about 10 - 15 dogs dumped with NO food, NO water, NO shelter and NO idea where they are. I have restrained myself from voicing my feelings about the 'officials' involved and the situation itself - because my language would not be nice ,This is the story
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It very sad to be taking the street dogs but particularly worrying if they have tags in their ears, so a warning to any members who have dogs over in this area, keep an eye on them.
  ;)

Offline Steve A

Nothing wrong with a nice trip to the country

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Terrible for the dogs! Dumped miles from home without food or water. Maybe some of the humans who authorised it would like the same treatment?

Offline quackers

Emre told me ıf the councıl took a dog that had just turned up ın our area and dumped ıt ın the country ıt would dıe. So we are havıng her spayed and tagged and wıll feed her as she ıs a good dog. Even though our dogs dont lıke her cos they are jealous.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Oludeniz belediye have pulled this stunt two months ago when they brought three dogs to the Fethiye Animal Shelter, they were taken in this time but the Zabita were warned if they want to bring their dogs here they must supply food for them, bear in mind this is another Belediye who by law is supposed to provided shelter ad food for its dogs, this time 10 turned up with no food and they were asked to take them back to Oludeniz.
I have since spoken with Emre and we now have an 'arrangement' should this happen again.

Meanwhile everyone is keeping their eyes open for any new strays across the area

Offline Uzumluqueen

• Newly Registered
What is wrong with these people, these dogs have a right to life they have not asked to be born.  Is it not time that the Turkish moved into the western world, we would not tolerate their behaviour in the UK
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 20:22:57 PM by Uzumluqueen »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Yes the entire Turkish nation did this, they are all as bad as each other.

Do me a favour.

Offline ergun

nothing wrong with a nice trip to the country??!!!!!maybe theres a spare seat!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Bizarre sense of humour that, Valerie.

Offline Uzumluqueen

• Newly Registered
Nothing wrong with a nice trip to the country

Don't find that funny,obviously your not concerned about the dogs so think you will be in the minority here

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf