Author Topic: Childrens Day Tuesday 23 April  (Read 2052 times)

Offline Pi55y

Childrens Day Tuesday 23 April
« on: April 20, 2013, 16:02:25 PM »
As a local children's charity, the 3C's have been invited to have a stand at the Children's Day celebrations in the new Fethiye Square on Tuesday afternoon.  Members of the 3C's will be giving out balloons and sweets to the children who wil be taking part in or watching the celebrations as well as handing out information to their parents as to what we are doing to help children in the local area.

However the best thing we will be doing on Tuesday is paying the minibus costs to bring the children down from Bozalan school to attend the celebrations.  Most of these children have never been to Fethiye before so it should be a day for them to remember   :)

Offline Pi55y

Re: Childrens Day Tuesday 23 April
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 21:49:41 PM »
Pete and I went down to the FETAV office today to sort out the visit to the Children's Day celebrations for the youngsters from Bozalan School.

We have 75 children plus teachers and some parents from Bozalan (the small village school up in the mountains supported by CBF)  and neighbouring Kayacik schools being bussed down for the day. They will be arriving in Calis at lunchtime where they will be met and welcomed  by 3C's member Nalan (of Eyna Restaurant where we have our charity shop) who will accompany the children on a boat trip over to Fethiye courtesy of Calis boat co-operative.  The children will then be able to enjoy the festivities on the square and have something to eat before going back to their village. We hope they have a wonderful time and a day to remember  :)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 21:57:56 PM »
Fantastic pi55y - Brenda and I hope that you and any other members of the committte who are there enjoy the day as much as I am sure the children will. ;D

I understand the problem with photographs but would love to see one or two.

Offline busybee

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 22:28:13 PM »
They must be so excited as most of those children have never seen the sea!!!! let alone go on a boat.  There are going to be a lot of happy smiley faces 2morrow.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 22:57:26 PM »
Looking forward to seeing the children's faces at the celebrations; I think the square is going to be packed out!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 23:01:50 PM »
Excellent stuff, we used to love Children's Day in Turkey and so did the kids  ;)

Is Kayacik the school we called in at on the way back from Bozalan Chrissie? Those little people will have a brilliant day.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2013, 07:17:32 AM »
This is why I joined this wonderful committee.....To see the joy on these childrens faces..They will be sooo excited by now. Luckily it is also brilliant weather for all the celebrations... I well remember "voting day"  when I was a child when the our school was closed.. Loads of coaches came and took us to Chester zoo and New Brighton.. Cleveleys.. etc. etc.. we had lunch out.. spent our 10 bob...2 of which went on a present for our Mums..I recall buying her a plastic gold coloured gondola."as did about 30 other kids" It went in the display cabinet of course!!! I truly think that the children from Bozalan will remember this all of their lives too... Happy days..  Members of CBF you helped all this dont forget...

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2013, 07:18:11 AM »
.. Bet youwill never forget your trip to Bozalan Keith.. I would so have loved for John to have been there too.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Childrens Day Tuesday 23 April
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2013, 08:16:14 AM »
I will never forget the smily faces of the children at Bozalan. They are going to have the most amazing day today!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf