Author Topic: windsurfers  (Read 2206 times)

Offline turkeysue

windsurfers
« on: September 27, 2013, 22:41:41 PM »
why oh why do the windsurfers have to come in so close to calis beach ????...they are very skilled surfers and great to watch BUT i really do not like getting in the sea when they take to the water and come so very close to the beach....really quite intimitating this year....accident waiting to happen god help us.. >:( >:(

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: windsurfers
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 22:49:02 PM »
Well, it'll surf 'em right when it happens.

Offline Ally B

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 12:57:46 PM »
Know what you are saying turkeysue.I have just watched a windsurfer nearly take a swimmers head off 15 yards from shore. He was either not looking or not in control or a bit of both.Scary!

Offline LisaRob

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 14:45:42 PM »
Totally agree. We have always liked to watch these guys when we have been at Surf Cafe but this year in July one nearly hit us in waist deep water very close to the shore with children all around. There was one particular guy who insisted on coming in very close to shore on a regular basis whether showing off or touting for business I dont know. Hes clearly very skilful but accidents can happen. Our experience has put me off going in the water when the surfers are out. I just hope no-one gets hurt.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 15:38:14 PM »
They have managed to segregate a massive area for swimmers in Olu Deniz to protect them from boats and jet skis, it seems that only lack of will or that it's never been brought to anyone's attention is stopping the same thing happening in Calis.

Now that the Belidiye is following quite a few of us on twitter, maybe we should see if they pick up on tweets concerning this?

Offline grahamturner09

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2013, 19:00:30 PM »
It is kite surfers and the reason for being close to the shore is that the wind blows on shore and it it difficult to get further out

Offline turkeysue

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2013, 22:14:11 PM »
this year was really bad on being so close to the beach and yes it did appear to be THE same guy.!!!..i dont use twitter so maybe you twitter users can put it on...on reflection there were surfers further out so there isnt any need to be so close...

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2013, 09:39:58 AM »
Why not have a word with the guys that run the place, if that don't do it then send a letter, hand delivered to Fethiye Zabita in the council offices copy to Bechet Saatci, have the letter set out in paragraphs with the Turkish translation under each.  Make the layout clear and precise. you will get taken to a counter after interview to get a reciept or the letter stamped officially, the cost is nothing, the result maybe saving someone from injury.
Name
Address
Contact number
Email

Date

Dear
Title

If this does not make someone sit up, look at the Ozel Mugla tourist website also Kaymakam blitz the lot of them; and include photos or video footage.  If you don't complain then nothing will get done.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2013, 10:45:25 AM »
Someone has spoken to Mete Ay from the Dernik.. He didn't show any interest...

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2013, 17:03:09 PM »
They should not be allowed to come in so close along the section of beach lined by the prom. As for the area by the Surf CafĂ©  >:( Well there's a clue in the name. Don't have a word with the owner, Aaron, as he is the main perpetrator   ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf