Author Topic: Taking a Back Seat  (Read 10172 times)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Re: Taking a Back Seat
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2014, 00:19:03 AM »
Thank you for easing a lot of peoples venture into Turkey and creating the facility to ease a lot of needy kids lives.

I hope you meet someone along the way to help you towards your next destination. Now bugger off, and behave yourself.    :'( :D

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2014, 00:24:33 AM »
boo hoo scunno going to miss you sooooooooooooo much :((
can you tell us what your new venture will be or is it hush hush
best wishes in whatever it is  :))

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2014, 01:04:06 AM »
Bye, now bugger off !!   ;)

Offline jonuzumlu

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2014, 04:17:27 AM »
Thanks for your efforts in running this forum. It has been a prime source of local insight since I moved here.
Good luck in your future career

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2014, 04:21:44 AM »
The opportunity to change my working position from one of a solid but staid job to one of challenge and uncertainty came to me 30 years ago and with a young family to provide for, a lot of thought had to be given before accepting it.

I'm pleased I did as it gave me, after the first couple of years, more job satisfaction.

After leaving school at the age of 14 & without any formal qualifications, changing direction completely from a future that was 'expected' for me to one that my teachers & family would never have seen me doing was indeed a challenge that took a lot of time, concentration and dedication.

However it certainly paid off in the end, enabling me to effectively 'retire' 6 years ago, at the age of just 54.

After reading your many posts over the past few years and understanding what you have achieved, I'm sure that you have the tenacity to make a success of your 'new world' venture and can fully understand why you need to "take a back seat" although as it is 'your baby' I know it will be difficult for you to resist a peek in those quiet moments.

I look forward to reading your future comments and wish you every success for the future   :)  8)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2014, 04:39:14 AM »
How wonderful to be offered a new opportunity and one that you must consider a challenge if you believe it means taking more of a back seat on CBF.

I can't see that happening myself but if it does then you will be sorely missed.

I'd like to thank you personally for all the support you have given myself and Dogan over the past few years and will look forward to your little forays back here with us as and when you have time.

We both wish you all the very best and look forward to finding out more about what you are going to be up too.

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2014, 06:51:16 AM »
I read through lots of forums before joining CBF.  Somehow CBF just felt safe and sincere and I was comfortable accepting the advice and help about all things Calis from people on here.  The reason I felt this security is you Scunner.  Your tone and manner when it is harsh (sometimes brutal!) is clearly directed at those that wish to take advantage and when you have a gentler or protective moment it is so genuine. 
We've never met and don't exchange many posts but based on what I read from and about you has generated trust not only in you and your knowledge, but also in other forum members.
There are very few places on t'interweb that I can say that about.
Whatever your new venture, I wish you all the success you deserve and hope it is all you wish it to be. 
Please don't stay away too long.  I will miss those moments when I almost spit my coffee out reading your more "direct" posts!

Offline Lotty

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2014, 06:59:31 AM »
Oh no! . . .  :'(

Bluewise has said it all for me, exactly what I wanted to say. When M eventually calmed me down, he gently pointed out that you will still be with us just not in the same full capacity. I'm not shaking so much now.

Thank you for all your dedication and care. Good luck with your new venture, knock em dead! x

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2014, 07:27:52 AM »
Keith shock! horror! We will be like a ship without a Captain and will really miss your guiding hand on the tiller. However 10 years is a long time and life is full of challenges and sometimes it is only right to move on and do what is best for you and your family. I am sure that CBF will continue to provide a really good and informative forum for members but it is comforting to know that you will still be dropping in from time to time to spice things up.  Pete and I sincerely thank you for all of your help and friendship over the last 10 years, both personally and behalf of the 3C's, and we both wish you all the luck in your new venture and look forward to hearing more about it in due course x

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2014, 07:28:49 AM »
I thought you would have guessed by now, you just need to put 2 & 2 together to suss out what he'd doing.
New world = Not UK
Poll on another thread re Mayor for Fethiye.
Simples, You are going to run for Mayor of Fethiye.  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf