Author Topic: Taking a Back Seat  (Read 10154 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Taking a Back Seat
« on: February 13, 2014, 22:19:10 PM »
Not long after the 10th anniversary of CBF, I have been offered quite an opportunity in another World, and have decided a new chapter is just what I need. The long and the short of it is, I won't have time to run CBF as "hands on" as I try to now. But don't worry, CBF will carry on and I have trained the moderator team in how to be miserable, sarcastic, intolerant and rude. I shouldn't be missed much at all. I'm sure some will say good riddance and I take that as a massive compliment   :)

I look forward to being on CBF as a hobby rather than as part of a job, and hope to be around as required to shout at people for making a complete pig's ear of reply with quote :D 

I expect little will change, we already have a great team.

If I could just ask one thing it would be that everyone uses the forum (and all forums) to share experiences, publicise what is going on and to answer questions. Every one topic posted on Facebook and not on a forum like CBF makes Facebook just a little more revoltingly rich and independent forums one step closer to death. Trust me, nothing gets people posting more than lots of posts, and nothing causes people not to post more than a lack of recent posts.

CBF supports the wonderful local charities in the Calis & Fethiye areas - raising money for them whenever and wherever we can, what do Facebook do for them?

It's true.

Rant over, it's been a blast. See you (some) evenings & weekends :D

Offline Fran

Re: Taking a Back Seat
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 22:25:54 PM »
Thank you for all have done over the last 10 years

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 22:32:32 PM »
Good luck - health & happiness to you and your family.
It sounds great, exciting - enjoy and embrace.

Thanks for everything

Offline peter16

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 22:35:06 PM »
 :o I have got rather use to reading your sometimes blunt or wry or somewhat sarcastic posts ;D and will miss your posts and the various insights into your time in turkey :( , don't stay away too long between visits and good luck in your new interest.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 22:39:47 PM »
Thank you - I don't think people should abandon Facebook, I certainly wouldn't. I learn a lot there  not least about myself. I posted one of those lists of descriptive words so friends can choose the ones that describe you (me).

My 13 year old daughter, from 25 choices only chose one - she wrote "4, just 4."

4, on checking back to the list..."Sarcastic".

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2014, 22:50:53 PM »
Oh no.. The funniest man on here... I am going to miss you.. It just won't be the same... Barrie and I wish you all the luck in the world with your new venture...You have change the lives of many many people setting up this forum and many many children are better off because of you.. Lots love to you and your family.. I will still see you on FB.. Abbie keeping you in check.. It's not like you are getting any younger so now is the time to move on. You are quite right.. Enjoy!!!

Offline scorcher

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2014, 23:01:34 PM »
Enjoy your new venture Keith but remember what they say about back seat drivers - I wish you well.

Offline Menthol

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2014, 23:04:28 PM »
Sounds like exciting times, Keith. Anyway, you deserve the rest after 10 years of thinking up scathing witticisms, tongue biting and occasionally being nice.

Enjoy it.  8)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2014, 23:05:28 PM »
Oh no.. The funniest man on here... I am going to miss you.. It just won't be the same... Barrie and I wish you all the luck in the world with your new venture...You have change the lives of many many people setting up this forum and many many children are better off because of you.. Lots love to you and your family.. I will still see you on FB.. Abbie keeping you in check.. It's not like you are getting any younger so now is the time to move on. You are quite right.. Enjoy!!!

Thanks Anne, I intend to still be the funniest man on here (no Crabbit isn't, Loz) - I think the fact that I couldn't be the nicest man on here really caused this. Damn that bloody Rimms!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2014, 23:07:36 PM »
Sounds like exciting times, Keith. Anyway, you deserve the rest after 10 years of thinking up scathing witticisms, tongue biting and occasionally being nice.

It's strange Aisha, I genuinely never think them up, it's been easy :D

I would hope that people know that it's all for the best reasons, and that is to make CBF work, and work for 10 years+. And hopefully plenty people can say that when they asked for help, I helped. That would be nice.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf