Author Topic: Guinness!  (Read 4679 times)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Re: Guinness!
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2014, 18:12:14 PM »
It is a very long time since I had a pint of draught Guinness. A couple of pubs in Bristol used to sell it in the 1960s. It was brought over from Dublin on a little boat called the Kato (or maybe Cato). But the seamen's strike put paid to that. From then on we had to put up with keg Guinness. I blame Harold Wilson!

Offline Diverbaz 1

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2014, 18:35:54 PM »

Draught Guinness available in Olu Deniz, Hisaronu, Bodrum (Yalikavak), Ankara and Istanbul, have personally tried it in those locations     :)    :)    :)

Is that draught as in 11 gallon tubs with it's own gas contained within the tub, or the "counterfeit" draught in cans Baz ??
From my many years as a publican, I would suggest that canned "draught" Guinness, would turn the stomach of a true drinker of the wonderful brew, and the mere thought of it must make many an Irishman want to jump up and down in anger !!  Just saying, like !! 

Real draught, not a can in sight.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2014, 18:46:27 PM »
My husband is Irish and he drinks the cans of Guinness at home, but only the draught when he is out for the evening.  I use the cans of Guinness to make Guinness Casserole, which is really nice.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2014, 19:12:43 PM »
They do proper draught guiness in Antique bar in olu, and whatever the bar is on right as your walking to Asda/migros in Hisaronu. It,s sliks drink, and he doesn,t bother with the cans. Says it isn,t the same.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2014, 19:15:14 PM »
I am suprised that this has not took off in Turkey.
I had some Guinness from one of these surge machines and it is ideal for a bar which does not sell a lot of Guinness.
I am not a conesur but I know a crap pint of Guinness from a decent one and this is consistantly good and the head remains right throughout the pint like a proper Guinness.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNU4E1ODniE

Offline Marggie

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2014, 20:33:16 PM »
Philip, it's not a supermarket - more like our off licence in the UK, sells cigs, alcohol etc.

Offline saoirse

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2014, 20:54:43 PM »
Thanks Marggie. Will give it a go.

Offline Jack13

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2014, 21:37:22 PM »
saoirse. just trying to keep people who like guiness and what is available. nothing like a pint of draught guiness. unfortunately the life span! is only two or three days according my well informed mate Gordon A which is true. its something different from efes efes efes. heard the next move is john smiths. watch this space.

Offline saoirse

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2014, 22:01:35 PM »
Lifespan on tins of draught Guinness 3/4 days

Lol - unless the store is selling out of date stock he's not very well informed at all!!!!

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2014, 07:36:21 AM »
Phil always says one of the nicest pints of Guinness he has tasted is at Murrayfield.
Also, no way I would be buying tins of Guinness if the lifespan was only 2-3 days.   

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf