Author Topic: Calis Beach  (Read 22868 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Calis Beach
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2014, 08:25:30 AM »
I only see one Mete on the Members list. This Mete joined in 2007 and has had no input..i.e. no postings.
Is this the Mete we are speaking about? 

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2014, 09:00:39 AM »
They already charge for the sunbeds.  Surely the revenue from this could pay for the beach to be cleaned
Just saying Anne that you it can't be compared to Olu Deniz where they charge to enter the beach and then for sunbeds and umbrellas on top.

Offline dycedon

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2014, 09:15:13 AM »
Kenkay, we have never paid to get onto olu deniz beach, we have paid for beds, umberella etc. We have paid to get onto the lagoon but not the beach in front of buzz bar etc.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2014, 09:17:53 AM »
Only at one end of the Olu Deniz beach Ken as the above post says.  :)

Offline Mark G

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2014, 09:24:55 AM »
I would have thought that METE  would/ could / should  had been involved with the clean up seeing he has been elected to the council for Calis area ,.

Could we all pm him re this [ he is a member of this forum ] and I seem to remember he once said feel free to contact him re any issues in Calis area and something may be done

I spoke to Mete yesterday about a different subject but I also asked him about the state of the beach and he told me that since the elections there have been lots of changes in policies and responsibilities and obligations etc. and no-one is certain right now on whose responsibility the beach in Calis is.

He said that hopefully very soon this will be cleared up (pardon the pun) and the beach can be sorted.

He also said that he is fighting where ever he can and at every opportunity to get something done as soon as possible.

Offline sadler

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2014, 09:26:14 AM »
I only see one Mete on the Members list. This Mete joined in 2007 and has had no input..i.e. no postings.
Is this the Mete we are speaking about? 

Hi Jaqui  Try gmoon, I think you will find him there with several postings to members as a whole!

Offline Menthol

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2014, 09:37:02 AM »
I wondered if the upheaval at Council HQ may have had an effect. I'm pretty sure we'll come across plenty of other cases of 'don't know who is responsible for this' over the next year or so until things have been sorted.

However, the state of the beach has to rank as a top priority to an area that depends so much on tourism for its revenue. I'd be livid if I was a tourist-dependant  business owner in Calis.

Offline mac2010

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2014, 09:43:21 AM »
Unfortunately it is not just the beach that needs sorting out.Just look at the state of the area that runs next to the canal where the hotels are.No paths,mud and dust every were.Roads half dug up,the whole area just looks unfinished and a big mess.All just in time for the tourist season. :(

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2014, 09:50:54 AM »
If every restaurant along the prom spent an hour or two cleaning the part in front of them it would be a good start.
That is wishful thinking on my part though :(

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2014, 09:55:25 AM »
So what about the Mayor  I remember he recently had a meeting with local ex-pats before he was re-elected.  He seemed very interested in everyone's questions and promised he would help locals.  Would it be possible to get in touch with him?  Does anyone have an email for him and perhaps if a number of us write to him, he may be able to do something.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf