Author Topic: white wine  (Read 4477 times)

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
Re: white wine
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2014, 11:24:54 AM »
Hotel letoon were sellıng idol don't knowc ıf they sell it now.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2014, 14:48:58 PM »
Its curious...  they've been producing wine in Turkey for thousands of years yet the vast majority, when compared to both old and new world wines commonly available outside of Turkey, are pretty poor quality (and that's me being generous).   

I've tasted some seriously good Turkish reds although never outside of Istanbul and, to honest, never when I've been paying the bill as they don't come cheap.  I used to look for some of them in Fethiye but never seen much other than the usual suspects, fairly basic blends such as Kavak, Doluca etc.  I know Migros used to sell some expensive (but not necessarily good) wines but never fancies playing şarap rulet with a hundred plus lira.

I suppose the bottom line is that Turkey is not a country of wine consumers.

JF

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2014, 15:41:54 PM »
I'll be searching out Idol or Angora in a couple of weeks time. I don't tend to drink too much wine in Turkey as it's not brilliant for the price. I save myself for the £1.50 bottles in Portugal every October. I might even splash out and get an excellent one for  £2.50   ;)

Offline yabanci

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2014, 09:41:29 AM »
All wines at Tansas and I presume Migros are reduced by 25% this weekend. :P

Offline VOJOs

• Newly Registered
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2014, 21:09:50 PM »
We have kavak angora white-cankaya-Ancyra Muscat and sultaniye(semi sweet) wines from Kavaklidere . We also have majestic white wine which is dry. This year we are also serving another brand Kutman and so far we have really good feedback on them . Worth a try

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2014, 21:27:36 PM »
What sort of prices are they? we love a nice white wine with our meal, but usually drink beer because we are put off by the price.

Offline VOJOs

• Newly Registered
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2014, 08:30:14 AM »
We sell house wine 25 tl a litre(white-rosie-red) bottle wines prices between 35 to 55 and we also have 4 different fruit flavoured wines which comes in 25cl bottles costs 10 tl

Offline mac2010

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2014, 09:10:54 AM »
Yakut red wine is very nice and is priced on average 45tl to 65tl depending on the restaurant.In the supermarkets it is anything between 25tl and 36tl.When we see the offer of discount in Tansas we stock up.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf